The Predestined

📍Melbourne,Australia
Wednesday 13 March 2019

I just got into the bedroom, it's really hot but bearable.I unpack my suitcase and jump into the shower.Once dressed, I sit on the bed and think back to what happened to me this week.The break with Giada marked me but it made me understand the behavior of certain people.I leave the room with the phone in my hand and the room key.Across the corridor I see Victoria in the distance and I decide to wait for her, for sure she will have to go downstairs to have breakfast.I always enjoyed spending time with her even when we were in the minor categories and we were opponents. We had even dated once and there I realized I had a crush on her. I had talked to Jules and he told me to go to her. but I didn't have the guts to talk, he was always in the company of Sebastian and Kimi and I didn't want to interrupt their moments.

But back to the present, Victoria interrupts me from my thoughts, so I decide to strike up a conversation.
<Hey Victoria how are you?>
<Hey Charles, all right and you, you look bad>
<I'm just hot and then well I broke up with Giada the day before yesterday before I got here and I'm still sick>
<I'm sorry Charles, maybe it was something that had to happen>
<Don't worry about me, I'll be better>
<If you want this afternoon we can go out and go get an ice cream and maybe take a walk>
<I'd love to. Maybe after the interviews we can go>
<Perfect>

After our conversation we get out of the elevator and go to breakfast.
This afternoon I have an appointment and it takes me back to the good old days when we were racing in the Gp3.

I'm a bit nervous but I have to stop thinking about my thoughts and start thinking about tomorrow's free practice.
It's my second year in F1 and first year in Ferrari and everyone expects a lot of things from me and I don't want to disappoint anyone, least of all me, my family but above all my best friend Jules Bianchi and my father. Jules and my father use the present because for me they are still here with me, by my side.

While my mind is racing, I go to the circuit.

Today we do the pit walk followed by the briefing with me, Seb, Mattia and some engineers to start thinking about strategies and then there are the interviews.
They don't drive me crazy and I hope that time passes quickly, especially today because I have to go out with little Vettel.
After 2 hours between pit-walk and breakin, it was time for interviews.
Me, Vic, Daniel, Max, Sebastian and Lewis are ready to be harassed.Let the weekend begin!