RaceDay:Soci

📍Soci, Russia
Sunday 27 October 2019

Yesterday the car sucked, I will start from the garage because I had to change parts of the engine, this is the first time I do so bad in qualifying.
This really was not needed, I am in very good scoring and getting a good result starting from the back is very difficult.
But obviously I will not give up, this never!
In the top 5 we can find: Leclerc, Hamilton, Seb, Maxie and Bottas.

At the start Sebastian Vettel takes the lead, thanks to the wake of Charles Leclerc, passing both the Monegasque driver and Lewis Hamilton.
In the rear there is a contact between Romain Grosjean and Antonio Giovinazzi, which forces the race direction to send the safety car to the track.
This first contact leads me to have a small advantage, I keep the tires and gain some positions.
After the restart, Leclerc asked via radio that Vettel give him the position, after having favored him to overtake Hamilton, but the German made several fast laps, always maintaining a certain margin over his teammate.
At 17 laps later, the German from Renault stopped in the pits to mount medium tires.
The two McLarens stop between lap 20-21, opting for medium compounds.
I keep overtaking cars and find myself in 12th position.
Then on lap 23 Charles stops, switching to medium tires;the same choice for Pérez who stops on the following lap.
Seb and I stopped us on lap 27.
On the following lap he is forced to retire due to a loss of engine power. The race management establishes the virtual safety car regime, as my brother's car is in a position considered dangerous.
At the restart, Russell ends up off the track:this involves another entry of the safety car.
At this juncture Leclerc decides to make a new stop, switching to soft tires which returns to the third race, also behind Bottas.
At the restart, the Monegasque puts the Finn under pressure, managing to get within a second of distance, thus being able to use the DRS.
The Ferrari driver tries to put pressure on the Mercedes driver, but is unable to pass him.I

n the final laps there is my comeback step from 11th to 5th place, between the thirty-second and forty-second laps.
Lewis takes his 82nd victory ahead of Bottas and Leclerc then Max and me.
<Great job Vic, very good comeback. Go back to the garage and be happy>

I can say I'm almost happy, I made a great comeback but never as much as my brother's in Germany.
The goal is to give more and more