Race Day:China

📍Shanghai,China
Wednesday 10 April 2019

A 9th place?! God that sucks!

The car was painful from free practice, I always struggled to find the feeling, I feel betrayed by the car, it is a terrible feeling. I have been criticized since Thursday and I wonder why since I have not done anything wrong, I work very hard to do it.  I always do the best and I don't create scandals. I hate journalists because they know how to bring out the worst in people and never the best, for example they have already talked about my possible change, which is not true. They have already silenced the press and  calm down a little.

Like any qualifying or race that went wrong, Charles and I swore to buy some ice cream and bring it to the other, so that we could drown the sorrow in a bowl of hazelnut and mint ice cream, I changed my mind about this taste.

My thoughts are interrupted by Lex

<Vic it's time to get in the car>
<Arrival>
I make the last physiological pit stop, put the lucky coin in the left shoe, lucky charm that Seb gave me and get in the car to take it to the starting grid.

I'm fighting with my brother when I hear my engineer tell me to go to the pits
<Victoria.Box, box, box.We make another pit>
<Copy>

<P6, great job, girl.You made the fastest lap, we are proud of you>
<Thanks boy>

A 6th place is fine after a bad qualifying, of course it could have been better but I'm satisfied, and it's quite strange because I'm never satisfied.

After the various interviews I enter my motorhome and take a short shower, once I leave I notice with regret that I do not change it, so I put a towel around my body, tie my hair in a braid and leave the bathroom.
I scream when I see Charles staring at me and immediately I can feel my cheeks blush.
<Hey sorry I'm here and I'm already ready for the plane and I thought I'd come here and Lexi let me get on. Sorry>
<Don't apologize I was taking a shower and then I would have come to you, if you give me a moment I'll get dressed and let's go>
<Sure, take your time, I'll reply to some message>

I take the gearbox and go back to the bathroom trying to do as fast as possible. *See space for me*

<Can we go, ready to take a dip in my town?>
<Can't wait!>

📍Space for me