RaceDay:Monaco

📍Monaco, Montecarlo
Sunday 26 May 2019

Racing in Monaco is so good, I'm passionate about racing here.
Of course it's not like Hockenheim, but the welcome was warm and I found a lot of affection from the fans.

On Friday I went to a fashion show and Charles was there too, it was fun I must say.
But the next day was much more important, qualifying.
I will start 5th and I can't wait to race while qualifying didn't go well for Charles, a 15th place, it will be difficult to recover positions especially in a circuit where it is difficult to overtake.

Let's take a minute of silence for the disappearance of the former Austrian driver Niki Lauda, ​​winner of three world titles.
The Monegasque anthem resounds throughout the circuit and I can see Charles stretched out so I touch his arm and he turns to me, immediately a smile appears on his face and I can't help but smile too.

It's time to leave, I position myself and do a radio test.

I noticed that Charles has had contact with Nico Hülkenberg, so I ask my engineer if he is okay and luckily the answer is positive.
On lap 15 there is a contact between Robert Kubica and Antonio Giovinazzi, at the Rascasse, shortly after Leclerc retires, with the bottom of the car too damaged.
On lap 25 I make my pit and get back on track maintaining my position.
On lap 62 I make the second stop, to mount soft tires and thus try to get the bonus point for the fastest lap, having a large margin on sixth place.

The race ends in the following order Hamilton, Sebastian, Bottas, Max and me.
Not bad as my first F1 grand prix in Monaco.
Tonight there will be a grand gala to celebrate the winner and all pilots are invited.
I'm back with Daniel, who is kindly hosting me, and after a quick shower we begin to get ready.*see space*

Arriving at the place where the gala was to take place, Daniel and I, we enter the room and all eyes are on us, perhaps a little more on me.
We ignore it and head towards Prince Albert, he is intent on talking to Charles and I can feel his gaze on me and this puts me in awe.

We drink, joke, dance to waltz music and I must say that my brother and I are the best.
I sit in one part of the room and relax a little bit, I'm really tired, I really want to go home and sleep.
I feel the chair shift and someone sit down, put an arm on my shoulders and pull me close to his chest, the unmistakable smell of him enters my nostrils.Charles.
<Are you all right?>
<they are just very tired and besides I am not one who likes to be the center of attention, so I looked for a place not much in the eye of the people to rest>
<I understand you.  How about you come to me?  I'm tired too and I just want to forget this day>
I turn around and look him in the eye, it must not have been easy to retire, for the second year in a row in his home race.
<Let's go but first I'll warn Daniel and my brother>

I look for the two boys, men in question and we leave the gala behind us.
Because basically to be happy
we need nothing more than to be with the people we love.

📍Space for me