Qualifying day

📍Melbourne,Australia
Saturday 16 March 2019

Yesterday, Friday, the first free sessions of the year took place, they went quite well and today, Saturday, we know our potential.
Yesterday after the second session I, Max, Christian Horner and some engineers analyzed the data collected and started strategies for tomorrow's race.There are a few minutes left before the last sessions and I am super charged.I take off the headphones and stop the music, put on the earphones I need to keep in touch with Mark and then put on the bataclava followed by my helmet.I love my helmet, my brother often changes design but I like it as it is. It's all dark blue with the various sponsor stickers then it has the German flag on it and behind it there is a small gold crown with the IceGirl lettering.It's my nickname and I'm proud of it, it means that I have a cool head while driving and that I remain perfectly focused even after a mistake and I must say that these are the things that differentiate me from my brother. while I manage to disconnect and reconnect the brain right away and I don't give up.As always, I get on the left side of my RB15 with number 20 and adjust my seat belts, many riders get it fixed but I prefer to do it alone. The mechanics remove the electric blankets and put the car on the ground, I go out of the garage and I position myself after Lando Norris at the pit lane exit.

After 1 hour I get out of the car happy with the result, 6th while Max 9th.I do the interviews and then I go to have lunch with my box mate.I've been observing my salad for a while, my mind is racing and recreating the circuit with all the DRS zones and curbs for each corner, I finally realized what I was wrong.
<I finally understand!>
<Oh my God! You scared me! What's going through your head Icegirl>
<Sorry Max, I figured out where I was wrong this morning, but I won't tell you>
<Alright Teamgenoot* see you later>
<A after plage*>

I finish my lunch and I go to the box, I go into the closet and I lie down on the sofa. After every lunch I always rest, it is a way to switch off the brain and stop thinking for at least half an hour.

When I wake up I am sweaty and hot, most likely the temperature has risen, so I decide to take a shower.Once I get out I put on my sports underwear and wear the tracksuit, I go out of the closet and go to the mechanics.Mark talks and I decide to tell him what I came up with at lunch and he gives me the approval.In a nutshell I just have to step on the accelerator pedal a little more in some corners, mainly the slower ones. he immediately warned, it's very easy to make a mistake but I trust the car and myself.I get in the car and drop the visor, it's time!
<P6, I repeat, P6 Victoria.Congratulations from the whole team>
<Thanks guys.Happy for the first qualifying of the year.The race is tomorrow and I know the car can do more, I can do more.Dank*>

I am happy for the result of the team, as I said the race is tomorrow but I wanted to do better today

In turns 15 and 16 the rear of my Red Bull was a little too slow, bringing me only a 6th place when it could have been a 4th or 5th.

I will start next to Charles who is in 5th position I can't wait to leave!

📍Space for me
* Teamgenoot means teammate in Dutch
* plage means pain in the ass in German
* Dank means thank you in German