CH18 - Part of the Puppet show

[Outfit for the mission without face covers

[Outfit for the mission without face covers. Art by me.]

I jumped from building to building with the inhuman speed I pulled out from my Spirit Energy that was within my body despite the warnings Akio and the Masters had given me. I feel my body was burning a little and my entire face covered with sweat because of it. The exhaustion from today was still there, but with all my might I pushed them aside in order to track down that person who kidnapped my childhood friend, Keiko.

However, I stopped for a small break to catch my breath and not to push my body too hard before I can even get to the task. The pounding once more came back and attacked the back of my skull, forcing a grunt out of me while a hand held my head to the spot. I hear little Aki chirping at me strictly right before she landed in front of my knee and foot. I looked at her scolding eyes with my soft ones as I wiped away the drop of sweats that formed onto my forehead and face.

"I know Aki. . ." I breathed out as I subconsciously touched the right side of my face that I couldn't cover up. Neither my left arm to not expose my Phoenix to the world, but I was in a hurry and I wanted to help. Not sit around while the others are putting themselves into danger. It's not like I have no faith in them but I also wanted to do something.

Aki eventually let out a sigh of disapproval but gave me some cooing sounds and rubbed her feathers against my arm. I let out a smile and gave a small scratch to her neck before I feel my face morph into my serious expression. I took a deep breath and look up at the sky with the moon that just rose not too long ago.

'Great.' I sarcastically commented, but I got up from my crouched down position and looked around the small town. 'Now where should I look?' For once I feel like a true idiot for not thinking this through and let my worry take control over my brain and made my body took action.

I had never done reckless things like these before besides those few times when I needed to save someone from a possible death sentence on the spot. But as much as I care about Keiko, I still needed to find a clue or make up a plan to stay stable. . .

I looked down at my left hand and saw those purple crack marks again. Now it spread out enough to be visible. Damn it. Then the idea came to me.

My eyes fluttered close and concentrated on tracking down the kidnapper since there is a huge possibility that he or she might be one out of the now seven people were looking for. One, two, maybe more minutes had passed, like an eternity it was so irritating, but I remained calm as best as I can, so I won't repeat the irresponsible mistake again.