CH50 - Is This The End. . . ?

Everything fell into dead silence.

As soon as the words left my mouth, every sound of the world had been drained out. The air became thicker like the water in the ocean and I feel like I am drowning. My heart stopped in a hot second and

My eyes watched as Hiei recoiled with a look of disbelief, like I had just slapped him in the face or even worse. . . stabbed him in the back like last time. . . Then to my terror I see his expression shift into a look of rage.

I expected this much, but at the same time, I knew it had to be done.

"What?" The Fire Demon asked with the flame of fury burning in his ruby-red eyes. "What do you mean, break up?" He demanded before he got into my face while I leaned back so we are not too close to each other.

"Hiei, I know you're mad, but I need you to listen-!" I tried to stay calm in the situation, and wanted to explain the reason to why I came with this heavy decision, but I know it will be hard to do so since Hiei's anger can get out of control. And just as I expected he blew up.

"How could you do this to me? To us?!?" The Fire Demon roared as he got into my face. "After everything I had done to get you back, to make you happy, all that?!? Now you decided to throw it away?!?"

"No Hiei, it's not about that?!" I shook my head as I feel my stress level increasing as my right hand was placed onto his chest to push him back a little.

"Then what could possibly be the reason for wanting to get rid of me?!" Hiei demanded in a growl as he grabbed my right wrist harshly and squeeze it tight, making it go numb while I winch. "Is it because you're strong enough? That now that you're reborn as an S Class Demon, you can do anything?!? Is that your way of telling me that you don't need me anymore?!? That you don't need someone to use, to toy with?!"

"No, Hiei!?" I raised my voice as my heart keeps on racing while the pressure on my wrist keeps on building, so is the pain within my chest. The words that are coming from his thoughts, it hurts me, but I know this was just his anger talking out of him so I try my best to shrug it off and somehow get to the demon to let me talk this out with him. And the fear of rejection, abandonment. . .

"Then why the hell did you just decide to throw away what we had?!" Hiei asked with an angry tone as his eyes were burning holes into my soul. I never felt so scared and ashamed in my life. "If you don't love me anymore-!" Right then and there I cut him off, my mind going blank and for once I let my heart cry out.

"I'M DOING THIS BECAUSE I STILL DO!" I screamed as loud as my throat was able to as more tears began to run down my face. And just before I thought things couldn't get any worse my demon let out a cry of pain before letting go of me with his hand now steaming. I slapped my hands over my mouth when I see the burn mark on him while he shot me that bewildered look again. I couldn't take it anymore and I just lowered my head down, knees giving up on their strength and let the waterfalls free.

I didn't care if he will see me like that again, I don't care if the whole world will see that I have emotions. . .