CH27 - The Chase - Part1

The boys and the elders stared at the two figures intensely while Ruby was trying her best to sank away from his view.

"It's him!" The Water-Bender breathed out, her voice trembling in fear. "That's Sensui. . ." It cracked slightly, making her beloved shield her with his own frame while his eyes glared at the enemy.

"And he's listening!" Yusuke growled. Kuwabara shot up from his seat and looked at the two. He watched as Sensui turned to his comrade and gave a nod, signalling to do his job. Sniper nods back and pulled out his bullets. He aimed at the boys first, but then he moved it towards the other room where Mitari is resting with Botan's and Shizuru's company.

Kuwabara's stomach dropped when he realized what are they planning.

"Dah! They're after Mitari, aren't they?!" Kuwabara exclaimed in terror right before rushing towards Yusuke's room and slam open the door without knocking.

"Hey, what's up?" Botan asked, startled by Kazuma's sudden appearance.

"GET DOWN!" Kuwabara yelled and without a second thought tackled Seaman to the ground, just in time before Sniper's dice bullet's were able to hit him. Seeing that Botan hid behind her magazine while Shizuru looked at the damaged wall, bewildered as she took off her headphones.

"You mind telling me what that was Kazuma?" The elder sister demanded from his brother who was still shielding Mitari from harm.

"The bad guys found us!" Kuwabara answered. "They're here!" The news made the bluenette shriek in fear. "Hit the ground Botan!" Kazuma ordered as he turned to the young Grim Reaper girl. "They're attacking through the window! Don't let them see you!" Botan silently obeyed and crawled away from the window area while Kuwabara got off of the injured teen. "I don't know how they got here."

Just as Seaman got on his knees, he felt something shift in his jean's pocket. His hand reached inside, then pulled it out into his view.

"Huh? What is this?" He asked as he and the others stared into his palm that held some kind of a small electronic device.

"What?! I don't believe it! " Botan exclaimed in shock as she somewhat recognized that small object, or at least has a suspicion on what purpose does it serve. "It looks like they bugged you!" She then angrily turned to the enemy's direction. "How could you do that to your team-!" Her sentence was cut off by another bullet that Sniper shot at them.

"I was counting on your weakness Seaman, so saw your betrayal." Sensui said, even though no one was able to hear him other than his teammate that is standing next to his side. "I head every word you had spoken and now that you served your purpose, you can die with the humans you couldn't detach yourself from." As he was staring at the traitor, the others on the other side of the room was glaring daggers at his figure.

"What I wouldn't give to know what stupid bedazzled forehead is saying." Yusuke muttered in fury and annoyance.

"He's saying that he let Seaman go so they could follow him to us." Kurama told him, his gaze still fixated on the enemies while Yusuke looked at the redheaded teen in shock and surprise.