CH23 - Repeated History

At the abandoned building there was a room with a radio equipment that would at times come and go with a giant aquarium next to it. At the giant window wall, Sensui was gazing at the town's buildings while sitting in his chair and swim deep in his thoughts. While he was busy with that, the Puppet Master was looking at the captured soul with boredom.

"You won't get away with this!" Ruby shouted at the girl. "Whatever you do, it won't work, because Yusuke and-" At that the girl with black and scarlet hair let out a small groan before shaking the orb in her hand like a snow globe, making the poor Water-Bender fly all around and cut off her sentence.

"Shut up Tinkle-Bell!" The teenage girl snapped at her with a bored tone. "No one is curious about your cheesy and cliché goodie-two-shoe lines that comes from cheap movies!" With a sigh she turned to her boss. "Can't I just get rid off this loud mouth?"

"Tsk, loud but at least I have a brain." Ruby retorted. It was not the best comeback, but she don't want to stay quiet. Not this time.

"Don't even think about it Mai." The leader said and by his tone, he was not really in the mood to deal with his hostage's and his teammate's childish behaviour and play the babysitter role. "She might come in handy for something." Then there was a small pause which made the Puppet Master, and her hostage look at him intensely.

"Like what?" Puppet Master asked her boss curiously but also a little impatiently since she was irritated how her moment had been ruined by the Water-Bender girl. At her question though, Sensui thought for a moment, but before he can continue on with his thoughts, Sniper came into the room with another member of the team.

"Mr. Sensui!" Kaname called out as the tall man was trailing down behind him.

"Hello Mr.Hagiri!" Sensui greeted Sniper back. "Sorry if I don't call you by your nickname. I'm in a more sombre mood. Now that we found our man, we can progress."

"Right." Sniper replied before stepping aside. "That's why I brought our guy, Gourmet with me."

"Good." The leader said before he turned his chair so he can face his comrades, especially the elder Toguro who is swimming inside the aquarium. "Toguro, it's time we ask you to tribute to our valuing cause." Hearing those words, the demon like creature laughed.

"Of course." The Elder Toguro replied, satisfied. "I'll do anything to get vengeance on Yusuke and his piddling gang." At that Ruby held her breath. "I need more time though. In this state I am useless, but once I regroup-." He trailed down with his sentence when he saw the tall man, Gourmet approach the glass box he is swimming in. A look of confusion painted its way onto, but that soon twisted into fear when the Psychic grabbed him by the hair and pulled him out. "WHAT IS THIS?!?! PUT ME DOWN YOU BRUTE!!!" The Elder Toguro demanded. The so-called people that took him in was doing nothing but watched with the Water-Bender's soul what covered her mouth in shock. "NO! What are you doing?!?" Toguro asked, now in fear as he saw Gourmet open his mouth so wide that the muscles on his face stretched like chewing gum. "NO! PLEASE! ANYTHING BUT THIS!?!?"

"Any last words?" Sensui asked, giving more weight to the tension. Toguro just twisted his head frantically, but then his eyes landed on the small orb that the teen girl of the group was holding.