CH19 - Swimming Under The Full Moon

I stare at the person in blue as she held my childhood friend within the water-tentacle's grasp that is holding the brunette girl's frame above the water. The grasp on my flashlight became tighter as the anger and fury was boiling within me with a small mixture of panic.

This is not good

This is not good. With her limbs tied up together by those heavy ice cuffs, Keiko will drown in the water. . .

However, I took a deep inhale through my nose and try to calm down. I cannot let my emotions get into battle again. Not like the last time with that stupid doctor.

"Let her go!" I told her firmly, keeping up the brave and determined façade. My hand that held those metal blades went down to my pocket. These can come in handy later. Plus, the water is also here within my reach.

"Like I would do that?!" The damn Siren lady replied laughing mockingly into my face. "But the bigger question here, why would you do that?! It's not like she cares about you!" At that I raised a confusing and questioning brow, not knowing what Blueberry was talking about. "Don't you have enough of people mocking you and hurting you? You do anything to save them, yet they just keep on pushing you away, never appreciating what you had done in order to keep them alive. Why can't you just open your eyes and see that they are no good?!?!" Well, this seems familiar. But I don't have time for this.

"Cut the crap and let her go!?!?!" This time I ordered the enemy, not wanting to waste any more time with the dialogue crap again. "She has nothing to do with this! If you want a fair fight here, then you leave her out of this!" The blue haired freak looked down at me with a that smug smirk on her face.

"Hmpf, for someone so smart, you are so naïve!" The enemy told me from that tall diving board. "But if you care about your own people so much. . . then there is no use of trying to convince you." Then suddenly her hand dropped down. The water-tentacle collapsed, loosened up making Keiko fall. Without question, I threw the flashlight from my grasp, leaped forward and with the help of the water underneath me and the power of the full moon, I managed to catch my friend fast and get to the dry surface, safe. Once I landed and placed Keiko down, I untied the piece of clothing from her mouth, giving her the freedom to speak again.

"Miyuki!" Keiko breathed out, panting rapidly while I broke the ice cuff off of her neck, hands and ankles.

"Can you stand?" I asked her in a whisper as I grabbed her shoulders and checked for any possible injuries. However, before I can get an answer to me, I hear and feel the water move behind me. I turned on my heels fast and stood in a stance. The Siren girl was standing on the water surface and created more tentacles from the water. The Octopus Attack.