CH45 - Fighting with Burning Desire - Part 1

"Impossible. . ." Shinobu breathed out in shock as he and the other three figures watched the Spirit Animals landed before them in the great distance from him but close to the three fighters who had fought hard against the Ex-Detective.

"Is. . . that. . . them?" Hiei asked bewildered as his eyes were glued to the female figure with snow-white hair and sapphire blue orbs. He couldn't believe it. His Phoenix was actually there with her brother. . . both alive. . . He can't really tell that if they were real, his partner was real or that his exhaustion from the fight is creating silly little mirage that plays tricks in front of her eyes.

"But how?" Yoko's reply was enough to confirm that that he was not in fact dreaming.

The Urameshi siblings, were there. . . they were real. . . however, only difference is that they're now radiating demon energy. . .

"Some friends you are." Yusuke was the first one to speak up. " Ditching a guy while he's down and hugging the bad guy all to yourselves." He continued on with his usual sarcastic attitude as he was approaching his friends with Koenma, and Miyuki walking close by. "I gotta admit, I'm pretty disappointed in you jerks. But did you honestly think I'd just lay there and let you guys fight my battles for me? Give me a break." The trio said nothing for a while and just tried to wrap their heads around what just happened, and try to make sense of it all.

"Looks like at every kill, you will come out with less and less braincells." The Urameshi girl commented which of course offended her brother's ego greatly.

"SHUT UP SIS!" Yusuke snapped at his sibling who just gave him a raised eyebrow and a deadpan.

"URAMESHI!!!" Kuwabara finally speaks up his mind. " But you were-well you were definitely dead I swear it!" As he exclaimed all that the Urameshi siblings turned to the freaked-out teenager. "Your heart stopped beating, I double checked!"

"Yeah, I can't explain that." Yusuke shrugged his shoulders so casually. However, before he and Kazuma can continue with the conversation the Fire Demon suddenly shot up from his spot. Silence hit everyone and in reflex they held their breath as they all watched the staring content that is happening between Hiei and Miyuki. The Phoenix girl was understandably doubting herself while having fears of the Fire Demon, either flat out rejecting her for what happened or worse. . .

Hiei took a step forward with one hand pressed firmly against side, but instead of walking like he planned, he accidentally tripped and almost fall on his face if Miyuki did not appear in front of him to catch him.

"Tsk, idiot, always pushing over your limits." The Urameshi girl murmured next to the Fire Demon's ear making a warm feeling burst within his chest that spread all over his body but once more making his core come to live just like many times before. But this one time felt different, because at the same time he felt the pain swell in his chest. The pain that the past marked his mind.

Without thinking for once he bothered so little about keeping that outside image of his, too tired to even think about that while inside he felt that spark of happiness again, that he thought he would never feel again. Either way, he wanted to live in the moment by embracing his one and only within his arms. . .