CH39 - The Difference Maker

Yusuke stood his ground as he stared at Sensui's figure, feeling tense and a little intimidated by his opponent. Before the teen boy could make a move, the Ex-Detective lifted up one hand. When he did that, a glowing purple energy orb came out of the water and float toward him. As the energy ball came, a butterfly also greeted him.

"Oh just great, now he can make things move without even touching them." Kuwabara groaned irritatedly.

"And that won't be all." Kurama added more to the intensity while Hiei just let out a small hum of agreement. In the back Itsuki just chuckled quietly to himself knowing the situation way too well and what his Detective is about to do.

Everything was quiet as Sensui took a small glance at the butterfly that decided to land on him. Yusuke just narrowed his eyes at the tall figure and waited for his next move. It didn't take long when he finally got his wish. Once the butterfly flew away from Sensui he began to charge up with his Spiritual energy that surrounded his entire being. It was increasing greatly, but then it came to a halt and now that energy created multiple energy orbs all around Sensui, similar to the one that he had summoned before.

"What?!?" Yusuke cried out in shock while the others got stunned by surprise.

"They've multiplied!" Kuwabara exclaimed. "Sensui has surrounded himself with a mind field of little energy balls. How is Urameshi going to get to him now?"

"The real task would be to get away from them." The redhead murmured under her breath as his eyes narrowed at Sensui's cocky smirk.

"Perhaps it's time I stepped up my game." The Previous Detective said to the Urameshi boy who braced himself for the upcoming assault. "Watch closely." Sensui continued on as he ordered his orbs to merge into one. When they were done, their master lifted up his feet, ready to kick that energy ball. "SPLINTER RESSHUKEN!!!" With that shout he kicked the energy ball and send millions of blasts toward the younger detective who froze for a moment out of terror.

'Damn it's almost like I just shot myself with the Shot Gun!' Yusuke thought in fear, but he soon switched back to serious mode. 'Alright, this is like also playing dodgeball in gym class.' With that in mind he did what he could best. Avoid the blasts as fast as his exhausted body was able to. "Too bad I always skip gym!" He complained as he sloppily jumped up and down, or left to right. Yusuke tried everything to get away from these attacks, even use his surroundings or deflect those blast with his own fist, but it was no use. The blasts were just too much. Attacking him all around and not giving a second to get a small break to catch his breath. In fact, he received quest a beating from the blast that managed to make contact with his body. During all this deadly 'Dodge-Ball' game of his, Sensui decided to join in, startling Yusuke greatly and added extra kicks to the boy's face, sending him a few feet away before the remaining energy orbs finally hit their target, creating a huge cloud of dust that covered the Urameshi boy's entire being. Sensui landed onto his feet and turned around to

"URAMESHI!!!" Kuwabara screamed his friend's name and watched in horror how he disappeared.

Outside the cave Genkai, her sister, Botan, Yana and Kaito waited stood in front of the dark entrance anxiously.

"It's really quiet." The bluenette girl stated. "Almost eerily quiet. So, what do you think? Should we take that as a good omen or as a bad one?" She questioned not really sensing anything from this unusual silence and not knowing what to expect.