CH20 - More Concerns

"Yes dad, I'm fine." Keiko talked into the phone to reassure her parents who had been worried sick all day. "I'm really sorry to worry you, I just kind of lost track of time when I was helping someone at school. It kind of took longer than I thought." The father exclaimed something into the phone that almost made the brunette girl go deaf. The others couldn't really understand it, but they sure heard it since they were in the same room as Keiko. "Okay dad, I'll inform you next time when it happens." Keiko told her guardian. There was a small pause because she let her dad speak. "Oh, uh, as much as I want to, I don't think it would be good to go home at a time like this. Would it be okay if I stay here for the night?" Another pause later Keiko nodded her head. "Thank you, dad. Tell mom that I said hi, and that I'm okay." Then there was a small laugh the brunette girl breathed out. "Yes, dad. Love you too. Goodnight." With that she placed the phone down.

"I'll prepare some clothes for you." Atsuko kindly offered.

"Thank you very much." Keiko thanked, right before Puu flew into her embrace. On cue Master Yara left Miyuki's room. "How is Miyuki doing?" Asked the brunette girl from the blind old lady.

"She will be fine, as long as she takes it easy for the next couple of days. If she stays in bed for a while." Master Yara said with a strict tone. "I swear this girl has a death wish."

"You can say that again." Yusuke groaned out of annoyance. On cue, a knock on the door was heard which Atsuko got and opened it for Genkai.

"Like you are any different dimwit." His mentor pointed out again, earning a glare from the Urameshi boy.

"GET OFF MY BACK OLD HAG!" Yusuke screamed at her, but Genkai was not fazed. He ended up getting another lump on the head that he earned from his mother. "Wha?!? Not you too!" The Urameshi boy snapped at Atsuko who just scrunched up her nose out of annoyance and rolled her eyes at her son's moronic attitude.

"Will you keep it down Urameshi!?" Kazuma snapped at his friend. "I don't want an angry Miyuki chase us down and kill us!" That was enough for the brother figure to shut the hell up.

"How did it go Master Genkai?" Botan asked the elderly woman who took a cup from the small tray that Atsuko had brought not too long ago.

"Smoothly." Genkai informed. "That Mio girl doesn't remember what happened and how, but we still erased her memories from today out of caution." She then took a small sip from her tea. "As for Kurama, he went to check on his mother with Ruby. They will probably stay there for the night."

"But what should we do now?" Botan asked as she sat next to her Water-Bender friend. "I mean, how are we going to keep track of our loved ones from now? They can be now kidnapped or even worse any time now."

"That's true, but let's not think about that too much." Genkai's sister told the group. "We will stick to our original plan and just try to learn from our mistakes."

"Alright." Kuwabara breathed before letting out a huge yawn. "Well guys, I guess I'll hit the hay." he announced it to her friends as she got up from the couch. "Goodnight everyone." With that, she left to the guest room. Eventually everyone also followed her example and left to sleep. Yusuke was the last one to go.