Chapter One

What seemed like the loudest alarm in the world began to blare round the room. Sky Morgan rolled over in her bed and turned off her alarm. 6am. Her favourite time of day. No, for real, it was. Everyday like clockwork she gets up and goes for a 40 minute jog, whether it is on a treadmill or out in the open. It made her feel much more prepared for the day, it gave Sky that feeling that she could take on the world.

Once she had finished her jog, she came back to her room. Sky was a Formula 1 driver for the Red Bull Racing. She was the first ever female racer in Formula 1. She crushed the competition in F2, she raced against George Russell, Alex Albon and Lando Norris. Lando Norris. Ahh, the brown-haired, blue eyed, 21-year-old was another driver on the grid. He was racing for McLaren. Sky's feelings for him were complicated, she didn't know if she liked him, but she knew they had something. At least, she hoped they did.

They were on the fourth race of the 2022 season, Barcelona. This was an important race for Carlos Sainz as it was his home race. Today was free practice so Sky wasn't too pressured. She showered and pulled on her Red Bull gear. Most of the drivers all stayed in the hotel, at least Red Bull, McLaren, and Mercedes.

Mercedes consisted of Valtteri Bottas and George Russell. Lewis Hamilton stepped down from his Mercedes spot and moved to George's spot in Williams. He did this because he wanted to stay in the game but wanted to give someone else another chance at the title, so he hung his hat down. Of course, he still pushed for a good result and he helped the Williams team develop.

Sky left her hotel room and headed to the lobby, her teammate Max Verstappen was waiting in the lobby alongside her PR manager Julie, but everyone called her Jules.

"Morning everybody! Looking forward to today's practise." She spoke. Max turned around and replied, "Ohhh yes. I can't wait to beat you."

"Yeah right." Chuckled Sky.

The two arrived at the track and went to hospitality, they both broke off into their two different rooms. She quickly changed into her race gear and went off to start her session.

Sky hopped out of her car and took off her helmet and neck brace. Max walked through the garage to her side, "P3. Not bad! P2 myself, with Charles on pole. Good job kid."

"Cheers Max! I am going back to my hotel room to chill out for a while. See you." Sky smiled and waved as she walked out of the garage. She changed back into her gear and headed back to the hotel.

She flopped onto her bed the minute she took her shoes off. But not a moment later, three loud thuds sounded at her door. She peered through the peep hole to find her best friend, George Russell standing at the door. She pulled it open, "Well hello George. What can I do for you?"

"There is a sort of party slash get together in Daniel's room and you have to come. No exceptions. Get your phone we are going."

"But- "

"Uh, no buts. Let's go."

Sky rolled her eyes, grabbed her phone and a jacket and off they went. They approached the McLaren drivers' room and knocked. Daniel opened with a bright smile and welcomed them in. Everyone was there: Alex, Lance Stroll, Seb, Max, Pierre, even Esteban! Then he caught her eye, the one she was hoping for in particular: Lando. He sent shivers down her spine just by being in her presence. Once she had returned to reality, she walked over to the couch and sat down in between George and Alex who were submersed in a game of FIFA. What a shock.

"Hey Sky, d'you want anything to drink? I've got soft drinks only seeing as it is quali tomorrow." Asked Daniel.

"Just a coke please, diet."

Daniel nodded and came back not a minute later with a can of diet coke; she opened the can and took a sip. The fizzy liquid hit her lips and her tongue; it was cold. Refreshing.

"Hey, where's Lando? He is normally one for aparty." Asked Sky. She knew perfectly well that Lando was here, but just wantedto ask to see if they would call him over or something. "Yeah, he is back therewith Max. They are good mates on and off track, so they spend a lot of timetogether." Explained Pierre. With a heavy French accent. Sky liked Pierre. Hewas calm and collected, he was an excellent driver. She felt bad for him whenhe got demoted from Red Bull. Alex Albon, his replacement for Red Bull, was nowhis teammate over at Alpha Tauri and they had both gotten over the incident.Both of them being replaced. Sky felt bad because she was Alex's replacement forthis season. But he took it light-heartedly

END