Chapter 60

so 60 chapters? that's mental! i've been writing this book since March 2021, and it's now January 2022! so we've come a long way :)

enjoy the chapter and stay safe xXx

•••••••••••••••••••••

"Morning Sky, how are you this morning?"

"Hey Jules, I'm good thank you. What've we got planned for today? Apart from Free Practise of course?" I replied.

Today was Friday. Meaning the start of the race weekend, and one of the few last times I will step into my car in 2021.

"Not a lot on the media side, just the debriefs, and Damon Hill and Nico Rosberg want to have a chat with you later. In between the practises if that's okay." Jules answered, checking her notepad.

I nodded in return, we were now walking towards the garage. As Jules had met me outside my drivers room. I was in my race suit ready to go. Better to be prepared. I gave my mechanics a fist bump as I walked into my side of the garage, and headed straight for Adrian.

"How's it looking today?" I asked.

Adrian's eyes were focused on a screen full of data, "It's looking alright. Should have a good run today, weather is strong too."

"Good good." I nodded in response, turning to the back of the garage to put my balaclava and helmet on. I clambered into my car and shuffled into my seat. One of my mechanics, Joe, leaned down and buckled me in as I put my gloves on. Once I was strapped in, the engine was fired up and I was headed into the pit lane. First practise was always get a feel for the car, and see what our raw pace is on the track. Driving it in the sim is very different to driving it in real life. The pace overall was strong, for both me and Max. I was P4 in the time sheet. Same for FP2, where we practised our race strategy. We did the debrief afterwards and then I headed back to the hotel. Lando had texted me saying he wouldn't be far behind me.

I swiped my key card across the door handle and the light went green, letting me push open my room door. I decided to have a bath. I didn't have baths very often, and I wasn't going anywhere this evening.

The water began to run up the sides of the bath, filling the bathroom with a light and airy steam. I dug around in the cupboards beneath the sink and found some bubble bath mixture. I poured a hefty amount into the waterfall of running water, watching it bubble as it hit the water. After about 10 minutes of waiting, the bath was full. Almost at the top, but not quite. I liked it deep. Then my body would sink into the water, almost letting it consume me.

I stripped off my clothes and slid into the liquid, gently settling down the opposite ends to the taps. I had begun to play some music on my phone through my portable Bluetooth speaker that I brought everywhere with me. When I say everywhere, I mean it. That speaker had travelled the world with me.

I sat back and relaxed, relieving my body of the stress it had been caused over the past 10 months. It was ready for a break, in fact it was crying for a break. It deserved one as well. A three month one!

Twenty minutes later, a familiar voice could be heard from the bedroom, "Sky? You in here?"

"Yes Lan. I'm having a bath." I replied.

Lando stopped at the door, not daring to come in, "You okay? How was your day?"

"Lando, you can come in you know. You've seen me naked before, plus, the bath is full of bubbles." I giggled back at him.

Lando sighed, "I know I know. But I don't want to be disrespectful."

"Lando Norris get your ass in the bathroom."

And with that he appeared, and smiled at me, ever so slightly blushing at the cheeks. He sat down on the toilet seat and crossed his legs. He began to tell me about his day, after asking me about mine. He was trying his best not to stare.

I smiled, "Would you like to join me Lan?"

His facial expression changed.

"I mean, you can't take your eyes off the water." I smirked at him. Knowing full well I was teasing him. Lando however, went as red as a beetroot. "Seriously? Wanna join?"

"Are you sure?" he asked, slightly wary.

I nodded, "Of course. Theres room."

After a minute, Lando took his own clothes off and put a towel on the side ready for himself. Then he stepped into the warm water. Once he had settled down, he gestured for me to move closer. In that I did, I gently turned around so that my back was resting against his chest. His arms wrapped around my waist and we both settled down in the water again. I could feel Lando tracing circles on my thighs under the water. I turned my head to face him, kissing him gently. He returned the favour and kissed me back.

We both spent the evening relaxing, and not doing a lot at all. We just lay there in the bath for another 20 minutes, just enjoying each others embrace. Then we changed into our joggers and tshirts and spent the rest of the evening watching Netflix, we probably watched too much tv but oh well.

My alarm began to blare on the Saturday morning. FP3 was in a few hours and then quali a few hours after that. I dragged myself out of bed as Lando was stirring awake, I headed for the shower to prepare for the day. Lando and I both arrived at the track as usual, and then we went our separate ways. Final race of the season was always a big deal, wherever we went, whether it'd be F2, F3 or any other championship. The last race was it.

"Morning Sky, ready for today?" asked Max, as we both walked through the Red Bull hospitality to our driver rooms.

I nodded in return, "Yes, I'm ready, and excited. Last race of the season is always pretty exciting. You? I know you and George are pretty close on points?"

Max chuckled, "Yes we are almost even on points. I am 8 points in head I believe. So whether I win or come 2nd, I've got the championship."

I smiled toward the Dutchman, "Good, I'm happy for you Max. I love George, he was my rock during the F2 season, but as my teammate, I'm extra pleased for you."

Verstappen laughed and put his arm around my shoulder, "Thank you Sky, good luck today."

"And you." and with that, we disappeared into our separate driver rooms to prepare for the day.