Chapter 31

10k reads😎
thank you so much everyone! pls continue to comment and vote :)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The free practise session was good. I was P4. Max was P1. George P2, Valtteri P3. I'm pretty sure Lando was P6, I think anyways. I was starting another flying lap on a set of hard tyres. Heading up to Turn 1 I broke later and hit the apex hard. Once I entered the DRS zone I put my foot down. Using the gear shift paddles, I upshifted into seventh. I reached Turn 3 and the early braking zone. Once again I turned and swept across the kerb neatly. Turn 4,5 & 6 were smooth and planned. I followed my speed all through Sector 3 and pulled of a 1:04.267.

After pulling my car back into the garage, I did a once round with my mechanics and they told me the car was looking good. I also spoke to Adrian and he was pleased with our results. A happy look was across all of our faces. At our home track, we were all performing well. Max, me, the mechanics, the pit crew.

I went and sat back in my driver room in the motorhome and relaxed. I decided to check up on my social media. I hadn't posted in a while so I posted a selfie I had taken earlier that morning with my car. The classic Red Bull livery was beautiful. I did some more Instagram snooping. Looking though my feed and I can't lie, I also checked the #skymorgan hashtag. Just to see what people were saying, ya know. There were a lot of posts about me and Lando. Most of the fans seemed over the moon that Lando and I were dating. However, more and more people were commenting and posting and disliking our relationship. I saw comments like this:

'Sky and Lando are on the road to hell. bad choice.'

'How can Andreas and Christian allow this?? It's RIDICULOUS.'

'We all knew someone would end up taking Sky to bed.'

It made me sick to my stomach. No one had a right to invade my private life. But yet, in Formula One nothing stays secret for long. Someone will find out either way. The second free practise was good. P2. And Friday evening was nice and simple. TV and a cuddle from Lan. Saturday was quali. As usual, I was in Q3. Managed to put my car P5. "Well done Sky! Good run." cheered Aid.

"Thanks Aid. I could've done more." I said back, slightly disheartened.

"Sky, the points come tomorrow don't worry." he replied.

I smiled into my helmet and pulled the car into the pits. I did a once around the garage and thanked the mechanics. I changed out of my gear and headed for the media pen with Jules. After a couple of interviews and a conversation with my boy George Russell, I headed back to the hotel. It had been a long Saturday and I quite fancied an early night. Lando facetimed me for about an hour too. We were in different rooms this time around. Previously, we planned to have dinner together but Daniel, Andreas and Zak dragged him out for a little early dinner.

I went to bed early, around 9pm I think. Sunday morning my alarm went off, shock. I hit the track again for a run. Around 9am I think. Then I showered, put my hair into french braids, put a little bit of makeup, consisting of brow gel, lash gel and some lip gloss, and then packed my backpack and headed to the hotel lobby. Jules and Max were in the lobby waiting for me. "Good morning everybody!" I cheered.

"Heya Sky! Ready for the home race?" Max asked.

I smiled at him, "Hell yes. Let's go!".

Jules smiled and Max and I walked into the SUV. He opened the door for me and let
me get in first. "Thank you.". Max followed behind me. We put our seatbelts on and headed for the track. Arriving was simple and easy. Scan our passes, head to the motorhome, get ready for the drivers parade.

It was race time. 3pm local time. I was pumped. My heart was racing. My hands shaking. We went out for our grid formation lap and the other 19 drivers lined up on the grid. The five lights went out and we were racing. Turn 1 was chaos. Pierre Gasly went into the side of Sebastian, who then rammed into the back of Fernando Alonso. It was like ping pong, to quote Seb. There was a safety car for about 2 laps and then the racing continued. I managed to overtake Bottas and Lando to put my car in 3rd. It was just George and Max in front of me. Lap 49. George had a faulty pit stop and was now in P5. I was P2, Max 01, Lando was P3! Us podium contenders managed to hold on to our spots until the end of the race. Some action happened at the middle of the pack again. I'm pretty sure Daniel overtook a few people and managed to put his McLaren P6.

Lap 71. The last lap of the race. Heading into Turn 4 I went to the inside of Max. Lando following close behind. He was in my slipstream and I was in Max's. Turn 6 was fast, full of speed. Heading into turn 10, Lando was in my blind spot and I could tell I was in Max's too. The three of us headed for the chequered flag all in a line. Max on the outside, me in the middle and Lando to my right. It was so tight. Especially between Max and I.

"Adrian. Who won? I couldn't see I was so focused on looking forward." I laughed down the radio.

"Haha! It was a picture perfect finish. Max, you, then Lando." came the voice!

"Oh my god! That's amazing! I am so proud of our team. Thank you everyone!" I was smiling from ear to ear.

I pulled my car behind the big P2 sign. Max and Lando got out and we all stood on our halos and cheered for the crowd. The three of us jumped off and all ran to each other. It was a very sweaty, muffled hug. We jumped up and down like 5 year olds. It was only another podium, but yet it was the three of us. We were all really close. Me and Max are like siblings, Lando and I are together, Max and Lando are really close friends. It could not be more perfect.

We then took our helmets off, got weighed, Max and I jumped into the team at the same time and then Lando joined us in another hug. Lando picked me up and I swung my legs around his hips. "Well done Sky! You drove an astonishing race!"

"Aww thank you Lando. Same goes for you. An amazing race." I cheered. Lan looked up at me and kissed me lovingly. I kissed him back as he spun me around. After placing me down we all headed up the podium. Our names were all called and we received our trophies. The Dutch anthem was played for Max's win and then the champagne spraying began. Lando and I both slammed the bottles down at the same time and it erupted all over us. Max was spraying me, I sprayed Lando. Lando sprayed the two of us and we sprayed GP too. He had come up to collect the constructors trophy. Champagne was dripping from our faces as we took a hefty swig. The bitter liquid ran down my throat.