Chapter 63

only a few chapters to go! enjoy xx

Lando and I flew back to England on the Monday afternoon. It was a late afternoon flight mainly because Sunday night was quite chaotic. Most teams held their own little parties, but a group of us drivers and our partners all went out together to a night club in Abu Dhabi.

We had a brilliant time! Lando actually drank for once, and he got fairly drunk. I let loose completely and was hanging all morning, I have to be honest, I threw up a few times in the hotel room when we got back last night. I think I fell asleep at 4:30 this morning. Lando had to literally drag me out of bed at like 1pm this afternoon to make sure we made of flight. I downed a few paracetamol and loads of water before the flight. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to die on this flight.

After boarding, I snuggled up onto the side of Lando and made sure to do my seatbelt up. Take off was my favourite part of flying. Just the raw speed of it, it felt very similar to being inside the cockpit of a Formula One car. The G-force you pulled as the plane sent you down the runway was quite impressive.

The flight was quite a boring one, I watched a couple of films, then slept for the rest of it. Lando watched films for the whole eight hours. Despite me falling asleep on his shoulder. We landed back in England at around 6pm. Lando and I headed straight home to Lando's place and arrived at 7:30pm. We barely got changed and into bed before we collapsed and fell asleep again. Unsurprisingly, we both slept through until the next morning. After we both woke up, it was 8am,  I rolled over and looked at Lando, "Maccies breakfast?"

"Oh my god yes please." he answered, almost like a sigh of relief. I giggled and opened the McDonald's app. We both had McMuffins and got some other little bits and had them delivered to the house. It was well deserved, we sat in bed watching telly and eating our MacDonalds. We couldn't really start the break any better. And one of the most important things was, we didn't have to be on a strict diet anymore. Obviously we still had to me mindful of what we ate and made sure to hit the gym, but between now and the end of January, we were good to go for it. And it was currently the middle of December.

The next few weeks flew by, Lando and Max played golf many times. I met up with some of my few friends. Lando and I went to the gym a few times. We even went to the driving range ourselves. Other days we just spent together, relaxing at home, not doing a lot.

But it was now the 22nd of December, meaning today was the day we drove to Somerset to see Adam and Cisca for Christmas. I had packed my bag yesterday and put on a cute royal blue tracksuit set, with a black gilet and my blue jordans. We both chucked our bags into the front of Lando's bright orange McLaren, clambered into the passenger seat and fastened out seatbelts. I connected to the bluetooth, as normal, and then we headed out onto the roads. The first song to come on was 'All For Us' by Labrinth and Zendaya from the Euphoria soundtrack. All Lando could hear for that whole song was my truly 'amazing' singing.

The car ride was a good couple of hours, so a whole range of songs were played during our journey to the Norris household. Eventually, after a stop at Starbucks and a wee stop at a service station, we arrived in Somerset at 2 in the afternoon. Cisca Jr. must've seen the car coming because she was at the door even before we got out of the car.

She ran out of her house, I expected her to run to Lando first. But surprisingly, she ran straight to me, "Sky!"

"Hey Cis! How are you?" I asked, hugging the young girl back.

She smiled and pulled away from the hug, "I'm good thank you! Well done on the last race, you crushed it!"

"Aww tha-"

"Cough cough." interrupted Lando, cleaning his throat.

Cisca giggled, "Sorry Lando. Nice to see you too big bro."

"That's alright Cissy. Are the others inside?" asked Lando, hugging his youngest sibling.

She nodded in response, Lando grabbed both our bags and we headed inside. Adam and Cisca were in the kitchen. "Muuuum! Lando and Sky are here!" shouted Little Cisca.

After Cissy shouted that, another Norris sibling came bouncing down the stairs, "Oh my gosh, hey Sky! How are you?"

"Haha, hi Flo. I'm good thank you, hope you are keeping well!" I replied, giving the eldest girl a hug.

"I'm managing thank you, hiya Lando. I've missed you!" she said, moving on to hug her brother.

Adam and Cisca then appeared, we all gave each other a quick hug and Lando took our bags up into his room whilst the rest of us headed to the kitchen for drinks. I helped Cisca make a round of drinks for us all, coffee's, teas, juices. We then put them all on trays and carried them through into the living room, where we all spread out onto the sofas.

"Where's Oliver and Sav mum?" asked the young driver.

"They're coming on Christmas Eve, but tomorrow we're going to see your grandparents. We thought it would be a good time for Sky to meet them seeing as they won't stop nagging me to bring her over. As long as thats okay with you Sky?" said Cisca.

I nodded, "Of course its okay. I'd love to meet them!"

Lando smiled at me, and rubbed his hand on my thigh. I smiled and snuggled into him a little bit more as his left arm wrapped around my shoulders.

The rest of the afternoon was spent binge watching films and playing games with the Norris family. Flo, Cisca and I had planned a shopping trip for the following week, Lando and I had planned to head back the day afterwards, on the 28th December. Mainly because on the 29th we were flying out to Dubai for New Years. We had planned to stay in Dubai for 2 weeks. But knowing us we would extend it out more.

The following day, we drove 15 minutes down the road to see Lando's grandparents, they were Adam's parents seeing as Cisca's lived in Belgium. They were honestly two of the nicest people I had ever met, it made me miss my own family even more. I could tell Lando loved his grandparents very much, and they loved him equally as much. His grandfather especially, the pairing of those two was like two peas in a pod, they couldn't get along with each other any better.

It was Christmas Eve tomorrow, and everyone was very excited. Plus Oliver and Sav were coming tomorrow too, so that should be fun!

Lando and I were sat on his bed, watching TikTok's on my phone, "Thank you for having me this Christmas Lan."

He smiled at me, "Sky, baby, its fine. We all wanted to here not gonna lie, I think the girls, Cis especially, were desperate for you to spend your Christmas here after hearing about your family. And I'm sorry they aren't here with you this Christmas, but trust me. We all want you here."

I blushed, my eyes beginning to prickle, but I held my tears back as Lando pressed a kiss to my forehead and we continued watching the videos on my phone.