Chapter 12

"SKY? I'M BACK?" shouts Lando.

I laugh as I hear him arrive.

"Okay! I'm in the living room!" I shout back.

I hear heavy footsteps walking through the hallway as Lando appears. I smile at him brightly and he returns the favour.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey Sky, so here is your Maccies."

"Thanks. I know as drivers we have to stay healthy and all that shit, but due to the past 24 hours events, I will make an exception!" I say proudly.

"So, next race is Baku. Street circuit. One of my favourites actually." Lando states.

"Hmm, mine too actually. I love a good street circuit. So, also, I kind of told my best friend Ally that we were secretly dating. Don't worry she won't tell anyone."

"Oh thank god. I told Daniel." he replied.

"What? Daniel? Really?" I laugh. "He can't keep his mouth shut, he's Australian."

We both burst out laughing.

"Don't worry, he promised he wouldn't tell anyone. I trust him... I think." he laughs.

We both tuck into our MacDonalds and enjoyed the rest of our day.

——

A week later, we were in Azerbaijan for yet another race. I was looking forward to this one. It was Friday morning and I was getting ready for practise one.

I walked into the hotel lobby and noticed Max and Jules by the door.

"Good morning Sky!"

"Hey Max, Jules. So, can we go please because I am so excited for this race!"

They both chuckle. With Max being a more experienced driver than me, he relates to this rookie season excitement.

Street circuits always bring more excitement and I have no idea why!

"Come on then, let's get going. So, practise one begins at 10 and practise two at 2 this afternoon." reports Jules.

Max and I both nod and hop into the SUV, and drive off to the track.
As we pull up into the car park, my phone pings:
LANDO: hey! just got to the paddock. hopefully i'll see ya later ;))

I smile and reply,

YOU: just pulled up myself, it's a date;)

Max and Jules are deep in conversation as we jump out of the car. Max and I embrace in a big hug before we split to our different rooms.

My trainer, Holly, is waiting for me in my room. Luckily, I got to keep my female trainer from F2. I wasn't too keen on having a male trainer, I expect you can understand why.

"Hello Sky! Ready for practise?" Holly asks as we give each other a hug.

"Yes I am!"

Holly and I sit and chat for a while. Christian comes in for a chat himself, asking how I am doing. I return the favour by asking about Geri and his kids.

Time flies by and I have to hop into my race suit and boots. Grab my helmet and decide to go for a quick walk down the paddock to go and speak to my parents. I got a phone call from my mum whilst I was with Holly saying that she and my dad had managed to get some last minutes tickets and wanted to surprise me.

I spot them walking towards the paddock gates when an arm swings round my arm.
"Morning Sky, I heard you and Lando have made a little deal!"
Daniel, shocker.

"Oh really?" I play along.

"Mm, hmm!" He laughs. "Right well, don't get too cosy with my boy Lando, alright? In fact, forget what I said, get cozy, but you'll have to tell me all the deets! Just like kindergarten."

I laugh, "Oh shut up Daniel."

"You love me really Morgs!" He shouts as he walks away.
I give him the middle finger as I walk towards my parents.

LANDO POV
Sky has just given Daniel the bird outside the garages as he walks back in. I look over to him and he smirks at me.

I just shake my head and chuckle.

I turn around and hop into my car, with just over five minutes to go.

My new race engineer, Will, asked for a quick radio check and gave me a countdown for FP1.

10am. We were underway. The cars weaved through the street circuit of Baku with no hesitation. Smooth and clean.

Free practise ended and I got out of my car. I saw Zak in the garage so I walked on over to him.

"Hey dude." he said to me and gave me a fist bump.

"Hey, man." I said putting on an American accent to take the mick out of him.

I checked my times and stats for the practise, spoke to a couple lads in the pit crew and walked off to my room.

I pulled off my race suit and changed into some McLaren gear. I checked my phone for the time, 11:23am. When I noticed I had a message,

SKY: you free after fp1? xx
YOU: yeah, i've got some time, where d'ya wanna meet? :) x

I replied and waited, surprisingly, the reply was quick.
SKY: i don't mind, your trailer or mine? or is this too risky😏

I laugh at the reply that comes through.

YOU: it depends, are you willing to take that risk? 😏

SKY: how about i come to you?😏x
LANDO: sounds like a plan, just sneak in through the back😘xx

SKY LIKED YOUR MESSAGE

I patiently waited for her to arrive, luckily Red Bull is only next door to McLaren so she was here within five minutes.

A gentle tap on the door was heard and then it cracked open and Sky sneaked in and shut the door.

"Oh my god. That was proper stealth mode. Thank god Daniel made an excuse and snuck me in." she chuckled.

"Oh yeah? What did he say?" I replied, intrigued at what he had to say.

"Oh you know. He made up some lame excuse to security that I was his best mates girlfriend and we had to plan his surprise party. They fell for it, obviously."

I laughed. Then took a breath and looked at Sky,
"Girlfriend, huh?"

She looked at me and sat down, "Yeah, girlfriend."

We both stared deep into the others eyes, as my hands moved to Sky's waist to pull her body towards me. She once again placed her hands around my neck and straddled my body with her legs.
Her kisses were passionate and fierce, her tongue searched my mouth as mine did hers. It was intimate. I liked it.

Until the door opened quickly and my trainer Jon walked in, "So, Lando, we need to sort out your diets for th- OH MY GOD."

Sky and I both jumped as he slammed the door closed behind him.