Chapter 55

happy christmas eve guys!

sorry for the slow updates, i've just started writing a new story! it's not out yet tho - im writing it differently so hopefully it's better than this one!!

stay safe, and love you all xXx

I'm coming for you Sergio.

Lap 67, 4 laps to go, 1.2 second gap between Sergio and I. I needed this place, so so bad. I was gaining, and gaining, and gaining. Two laps to go, 0.8 seconds and DRS. Turn 1 had become my favourite place to overtake at the moment, I sent it down the outside again, but Sergio pushed me wide off the track. "Fucks sake."

I was annoyed, I had lost a bit of time and had to pick up the DRS again. I fought all the way until the end, last lap Lando. Time to bring him back out from Austria last year. Here we go. Turn one, no DRS, I used his slipstream down the second straight, I was much closer going into T3. I stayed close behind, all the way until the end straight. I came out alongside him. I was foot flat on the floor, I had the DRS too. We were side by side, I could see the checkered flag, I kept my foot planted heavily on the floor. Hoping and praying I had done it! We crossed the line, I let out the huge breath I'd been holding in. "So, Will? Where did I finish?"

"Unlucky mate, P5. Sergio beat you to the line by 0.09 seconds. Bloody close, and bloody well done! P20 to P5! Bit congrats to you!" cheered Will.

I was disappointed, knowing I was less than a second away from P4 annoyed the shit outta me, but still, I suppose P20 to P5 wasn't too bad. Actually thats pretty good!

Rachel Brookes all of a sudden came over the radio, "Congrats Lando, you got fastest lap and driver of the day! How does it feel to have gone from last to P5?"

"Ahh thanks Rachel! I'm grateful to be driver of the day! It feels good to go from P20 to P5, thanks to the whole team for doing such an amazing job with the pit stops today!" I replied, cheered up by the prospect of being the fans DOTD.

Rachel once again congratulated me, and I pulled into the pit lane and turned the car off. Hopping out, being weighed and then headed back to the garage. Many of the mechanics congratulated me, Danny, who finished P10 also came and congratulated me, I said well done to him too, he had a rough quali, so to be P10 was good.

After the post race interviews, I headed over to Red Bull, Jules noticed me and waved me to come inside, I headed towards Sly's driver room and knocked on the door, "Come in." came a faint voice from the other side. I opened the door to see Sky sprawled on the sofa.

"Hey baby, congrats on the race! You really did a bloody amazing race!" she cheered, as I leaned down and pressed a kiss to her lips.

I made myself comfy on the sofa, and rested Sky's legs on my knees. "Thank you Sky, I was pissed I didn't get P4, but then again, I did a pretty good job to get back to P5. I am proud the way I drove today."

"I am proud too Lan, you really did a splendid job!" she smiled.

I chuckled, "Do you know how posh you sounded then? 'Oh how splendid'" I mocked, she punched my arm and all I could do was laugh. You could tell we were British, god. It was so obvious.

After sitting with Sky and talking for a while, I headed back to McLaren for the team debrief, and to get changed, it wasn't too late when we both left the track. We were flying out tonight, well, I was anyway. Sky was flying out tomorrow with Max and Kelly, they were heading straight to Qatar, but I flew out tonight with Danny because McLaren wanted us there early, so we could film some content I think. That's what Charlotte told me anyways, I love Charlotte honestly. She's like my mum, the coolest PR manager ever.

Qatar was shit. In my opinion anyways, too similar to Bahrain for my liking. Plus, I was in P4, running well, looking to get some good points, and then, I get a fucking puncture and my race was shattered, P9 in the end. George won. Sky ended up not racing again, the doctor thought it'd be best if she didn't. Just to prevent any long term injury. She wasn't happy, but Liam did a good job again, P6. Sky was going to be back in Saudi Arabia. I don't even know if the track has been finished, apparently it hadn't been tarmacked until this week.

*2 weeks later*

SKY POV

Finally back in the car, I'd been in the sim all week preparing for Jeddah, a track nobody has raced at yet. I was actually very excited! Not only for a new track, but to be back! almost one month without racing, not fun. However, after the doctor cleared me for this race, I didn't hesitate to hit the sim and prepare.

I'd just had FP1, I was P6. Not too bad, Lando had beat me though and was P4. McLaren were looking strong, and so were Mercedes unfortunately. Hopefully, by quali and the race we had the pace advantage, we're still fighting for constructors. After Liam stepped in, we fell behind by 12 points so we have some to make up, meaning we could not have 2 Mercs between Max and I. We were all knew to the Jeddah street circuit, so I was very excited to see where we would all come out, especially seeing as we only have two races left. I was extremely grateful I wasn't injured too much that I had to miss the final race of the season, that final race means everything next week.

It felt like ages since FP1 and I was just about to get in the car for FP2, when Max approached me, "Hiya Sky, how are you?".

We hadn't really spoken all day, "I'm good thanks Max, thrilled to be back in the car, I'm actually very very excited. It's a brand new track, and I'm hopeful to beat you!"

Max chuckled, "Yeah yeah whatever, bring it on Morgan."

"I will Verstappen, now piss off so I can get my head in the game please." I smiled, half smirking at Max.

He once again chuckled at me and spun on his heels, heading back to his own side of the garage. I clambered into my car, let one of my mechanics, Jamie, secure my headrest and then I was off. Got the thumbs up from Aid and I was off, down the pit lane, and into T3.

Bring on Jeddah.