Chapter 32

oh my god! 12k reads! tysm🤍

also, 2 years ago this weekend we lost a pure soul in the motorsport world. he was a loving boy, destined to reach Formula One. destined to make it big in the world. to win championships, race for ferrari, race against pierre and charles. but that was taken from him too early. anthoine, i want you to know we are all thinking of you this weekend. r.i.p antigone hubert💙❤️#ah19

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

LANDO POV

The second race was a good one for me and Sky. I was fifth. She was fourth. Max won and then Bottas and George finished 2nd and 3rd. It was a steady race. No safety car. No red flags. It was good.

Silverstone was next. Home race for Sky and I. We hadn't seen much of each other recently. I had been checking in on Flo and my parents. Sky had been staying at her own house and heading to Milton Keynes almost everyday.

It was Tuesday. I didn't have to fly anywhere this week and I was grateful for that. Sky was coming over to my house for a little dinner date. We had met a few times for some coffee and we also went for a walk last week in Sky's local park, in Aylesbury.

7pm arrived, and so did Sky. We sat down at our seats and I placed a bowl of spaghetti carbonara in front of her. "Oooh Lan. This smells amazing."

"Thank you! I don't know how it will taste tho, my cooking is not amazing." I laughed.

"Well if I'm ill in the next few days we know what it'll be." she giggled whilst picking up her knife and fork. As she was tucking into her food, I couldn't stop myself from just watching Sky and smiled. "What?" she asked.

"Oh nothing," I felt my cheeks heating up, "You just look so beautiful tonight.".

"Aww Lando. You also look amazingly handsome.". We held our eye contact for a while. I stood up from my chair, walked over to Sky's and placed one hand on the table and the other hand on the back of her chair. I leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. She placed her hands on my cheeks and pulled me closer. Our tongues danced in each other's mouths. I finally pulled back, "Dessert before the main course. I like it."

Sky laughed, "Me too."

After finishing our dinner, we went and sat down on my sofa. Sky chose a film and I grabbed a blanket. We snuggled down into the blanket and she sat so her back was on my chest. The film finished and it was only 10:45pm. Sky turned onto her front and reached up to kiss me, "I've missed you recently."

"Oh Sky. I miss you every second of every day. I wish we didn't have to be in the same profession some times." I replied.

Sky placed her hands on my chest, "Me too. But at least it means I see you every weekend!"

"Haha I guess it does. I love you Sky. I hope you know that." I whisper.

Sky looked up at me once more, leaned forward so her lips were only millimetres away from mine, "I know. I love you even more Lando Norris."

I couldn't resist the space between us anymore, I crashed my lips onto Sky's. Her hands found their way into my hair. I sat up and Sky placed herself so she straddled my hips. My hands found her waist and hers the back of my neck. We lovingly kissed each other. It was full of passion and love. I love Sky with all my heart. I could never imagine loving someone else, and I truly meant it.

That night was spend kissing and snuggling. It was great. We had planned that I would stay at Sky's house for the weekend and then on Monday I would come back to Woking to pack. Wednesday we would both leave for the Hungaroring. The last race before the 4 week summer break. I had asked Sky if she wanted to come on holiday with me to Croatia She immediately said yes and made sure she had no plans. I also told her Max Fewtrell and my brother, Oliver, were coming so she asked if she could bring Ally, of course I said yes.

The weekend came and went all to quick. I took Sky on a date to a very fancy restaurant in Woking. It was lovely. Light music played in the background and we drank a few bottles of wine. We just enjoyed the time with each other.

Saturday. The week was extremely boring. Sim work on Monday. Flying on the Wednesday. Media on Thursday and FP yesterday. Sky and I have been in the same hotel room so we have spent each night doing absolutely shit all. Eating and sleeping, oh and we hit the gym a few times too. Quali was good. Both Sky and I into Q3. I was P7 and Sky was P4. I was hoping to make up some places too tomorrow, especially in the first lap.

Race day had arrived and we were off in Hungary. The lights went out. All 20 of the cars began speeding towards the first corner. A tight right hander. Everyone managed to get past without any bother. I did exactly what I said, gained a few places. The race was good. I was P5 and Sky, P4. I had a chance to overtake but Sky is very good at slamming the doors shut. She cut me off into Turn 3 and it was a great move, I was impressed. Even though she was my girlfriend, everything off track didn't matter when we were on track. If anything, it made us fight harder. There is nothing Sky liked more that bragging to me that she finished higher than me and she is only a rookie. So, we fight it out. Until the end. It's fun! That's what makes racing, racing.

After the race interviews and the debrief, Sky and I headed back to the hotel together. We were both tired and wanted to rest. I updated my Instagram before we went to bed.

@landonorris
📍Hungaroring

liked by @mclaren , @skymorgann and 758,667 others

landonorris: good race today, thank you Hungary🧡

mclaren Well done! 🧡
skymorgann proud of youuuu, but i still beat you ;)
user1 good race @mclaren 🏎

view all 3756 other comments

We then hit the pillows and fell asleep. The summer break had finally arrived. Monday morning we flew back to England. We had planned to stay in England until Wednesday. Then fly out to Hvar in Croatia for a couple of weeks. We repacked our bags on Tuesday night and headed to bed around 9pm. We had to be at the airport for 5:30 tomorrow morning, so we set alarms for 3:30. It was gonna be a long day tomorrow.

We were meeting Max and my brother at the airport, so we had to be on time. Sky also Facetimed her mum before we went to bed, and then we prepared for a nice 4 week break.