Chapter 59

hey guys! sorry for not uploading much, but im school is stressing me out!! anyways, im trying to get my work experience with one of the f1 teams so wish me luck, ENJOY THE CHAPTER XXX

Thank god there's only one race left, then I get a three month break.

The podium celebration wasn't very exciting, I got up there, received my trophy and sprayed the other two in champagne. It was fun, but yeah. Jules and the team were all a bit pissed off with me for how I made the team seem. But oh well, I knew I needed to stay in my place, that's why I didn't make anymore comments about it to anyone. Especially anyone in the team.

Sunday's debrief was a bit cold but everyone soon got over it, and we all headed back to the hotels to pack, whether it'd be to fly out in the morning, or fly out tonight. Because we were going straight to Abu Dhabi, Lando and I were flying out tomorrow afternoon. Seeing as the two places weren't too far away from each other. 

Monday morning, as usual, I woke up before Lando. I reached over to the bedside table and grabbed my phone off charge, I didn't have any urgent notifications so I headed straight to TikTok, it was my comfort app I can't lie, plus, I had a few hundred thousand followers myself that I needed to keep up content for. They liked seeing the inside of a race weekend and then what I do in my spare time. I tried to get Lando in a few but he wouldn't budge, my goal for the end of the season was to get him to do a TikTok with me. The crazy thing was, I'd seen some of the videos and edits people make of him, there's the odd few of me and him which is cute. Oh and some, what do you call them, POV's. They just go a bit too far sometimes, but its sweet to know his fans care. I'm just glad I don't get those videos on my for you page, otherwise that would be awkward as fuck. 

"Morning." came a deep raspy voice from next to me. God I love his morning voice. 

"Morning baby, you okay?" I asked, giggling slightly. 

Lando smiled as he stretched, "Yes I'm ok, what're you giggling at?" 

"Nothing, just you." I replied, blushing slightly and looking back at my phone. Lando pressed a gentle kiss to my cheek and then rolled out of bed and headed for the bathroom. 

"See you in 30 minutes." I chuckled. 

"I do not take 30 minutes to shower." he demanded back. 

All I could do was sit there and laugh, "Yes you do. You take longer than me. And, sometimes, I even hear you singing!" 

"Shut up Sky, you sing alllll the time. One Direction, Taylor Swift, sometimes the Mamma Mia soundtrack!" he shot back. 

"Yea- yeah, but Mamma Mia is a great film, and the soundtrack is full of ABBA, and I love ABBA." I protested, trying to win this argument. 

Lando smirked at me, "I know you love ABBA. Now, this will be the quickest shower of my life, watch." 

I raised my brows at him, "Okay, see you later." 

Lando put his middle finger up at me as he closed the door, I chuckled to myself again and turned my attention back to TikTok. 

As I suspected, he took a while in the shower, 20 minutes, so I wasn't far off. It was quicker than normal, but I can still shower quicker when I have to wash all my hair and do a quick shave. He came out in a pair of jeans and and no t shirt. I found my mouth slightly open as I looked at his beautifully carved abdomen. 

"Once again, liking the view?" asked Lan. 

I felt myself go a bit pink in the cheeks. I didn't say anything, just turned my phone back on. I then heard Lando chuckle to himself. It was my turn to shower next, and unsurprisingly, I was in and out in 15 minutes, maybe even quicker than that. 

Neither of us bothered looking nice, seeing as we were pretty much headed straight for the airport. It was joggers and jumpers for the pair of us, I didn't bother putting a t-shirt on underneath, just a sports bra instead. It was still quite warm here in Saudi Arabia. Getting through security was boring, and a pain in the ass as usual. The two and a half hour flight went by quickly, as I expected, a good old 2 1/2 hour Marvel film got me through it, I watched Infinity War, I wasn't up for Endgame, as I'd probably end up crying on the plane. 

I loved it when we came to Abu Dhabi. Final race of the season. Meaning only one thing, Christmas was around the corner. My favourite time of the year. Lando and I got to the hotel pretty swiftly, it was only 4pm, so we changed and decided to go and find somewhere to go for some dinner. We found a lovely little restaurant down one of the back streets in the city. 

We both had an amazing time. We didn't go out for dinner very often, and obviously we have to stick to some form of diet, so what we could eat was limited, but it was the last race of the season, and Holly and Jon didn't need to know. Max and the rest of Quadrant were heading out for the final race, which was exciting. I had met Max many times, but I hadn't met the others more than once, and that was for the video they filmed at Lando's house. Lando was looking forward to them coming and watching the race, and his parents and sisters were coming out. Flo and Cisca, and then other Cisca and Adam. Last time I saw them, I dumped all of my family issues on them. Lando is so so lucky to have the family he does. Mine, god knows where they are right now. Somewhere in Newcastle, well my Mum is anyways. My dad, bless him, is hopefully watching down on me. I'd like to hope anyways. 

Dinner was rounded off by a walk through the streets of Abu Dhabi, once we were back in the hotel room. It was a very simple getting changed and conking out. Lando and I were both tired, and ready for the longest break of the season. 

It was obvious. And I couldn't wait any longer, plus, this is my first Christmas with Lando, and not by myself.