Chapter 61

guess who has just applied for work experience in f1!!!

enjoy the chapter and stay safe xx

After pulling my underlays on, I slipped my race suit up my legs, but left it sitting on my waist. I then chucked my hair into two french plaits, only for my phone to ping on the side.

LANDO❤️

good luck today baby <3

aww thank you! see you in my rear view mirrors on tomorrow grid! love you xx

aha nice one sky. love you too🤣🤣

YOU LIKED A MESSAGE

After reading the message sent from Lando, Jules knocked on my door. "Sky? You in there? The garage is ready for you."

"Thanks Jules, I'm coming now." I replied back, grabbing my phone and heading for the door. Opening it, I found Jules stood there, iPad in hand, looking over the schedule for the rest of the day.

"Come on Missy. Ready for FP3?"

I nodded, "Yes sir. Ready and raring to go. The car felt good yesterday."

"Good good." she smiled. We walked into the garage and I headed straight for my side of the garage. My mechanics were finishing up on the car, so I pulled on my balaclava and slid my helmet on. In honour of the final race, I had opted for my normal helmet design but made it holographic.

I headed out into the pitlane, head screwed on tight. We were running our qualifying plan this morning, ahead of quali this afternoon. With the adjustments to the circuit, its a new, fun, quick circuit. Lots of overtaking opportunities, so wherever I start tomorrow, I know I can make progress, hopefully. Our quali strategy run was good, we showed good pace, I was estimated to be P5 if everything went smoothly - which it would.

If only it would go smoothly, I had headed out for my second run, I was currently P7, so I knew I needed to improve. There was 3 minutes left of Q3. The run was smooth, I had made it all the way around the track no issues, until I got to the last corner, and one of the fucking Alpine's was just sat there moving at a snails pace. Which meant I had to slap the brakes on and I couldnt get past safely. "Fuuckkk." I shouted down the radio, "That fucking Alpine, I was on a perfect run!"

"I know, I know Sky. Look just try and calm down for me okay, P7 for tomorrow isn't awful, we can make up the places easily." replied Aid, trying to comfort me in the best way he could think of.

I was angry, but there was nothing I could do now, I had to face the facts and get on with the fact someone had fucked my lap up. "I know, and I plan to make up the places don't you worry."

"Good." he replied again.

I knew Aidan had a little bit of confidence in me, at least, I had a shit ton of confidence in me. I knew I could perform well. As long as my head was screwed on and I was in my a game, I wouldn't have a problem. The debrief that day was all about strategy, I would start on the mediums, then I'd do a long stint on the hards. If there ever was a safety car, depending on what half of the race it was, I'd potentially swap to softs and bang out some overtakes. Boom, job done.

"Hey baby."

"Hey Lan." I chuckled, walking into the hotel elevator. "You okay?"

"Yes I'm okay, saw you beat me today. Don't say anything, because a car got in my way with caused me to fuck up my lap." I announced, elbowing Lando in the side.

He laughed and grabbed my hips, "Yes I know, I heard your radio, and you were PISSED off!"

"I wasn't that angry." I replied, rolling my eyes at him.

We stepped into the corridor, "Oh yes you were, but I like it when your angry, you're cute when you're angry."

"Thank you, I guess." I answered, blushing a little bit.

Lando smiled, "Aww it's okay. But i'm still going to beat you tomorrow!"

"Shut up Lan." I chuckled.

The pair of us headed into our joint hotel room and I flopped straight on the bed, whereas Lando walked over to the wardrobe and pulled out a t-shirt and his training shorts. He quickly changed before pressing a kiss to my forehead, "I'm heading to the gym with Jon. I shouldn't be too long."

"Okay, have fun. Don't push yourself too much."

"I know, I love you." he smiled.

I could only smile back, "I love you even more."

"Not possible!" he shouted as he walked out the room.

I giggled softly as he left, I snuggled up into the covers and turned on the tv. I headed straight for Netflix, scrolling through until I found a film to watch until Lando returned later on. It was a big day tomorrow, final race of the season.

I had a shit starting place on the grid, but I was set to make up some good progress throughout the race if all went to plan.