Chapter 48

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANDO🧡
— so today is brazil sprint and landos birthday!!
——also max and lewis looking at penalty's?? what is going on😭😭

ANYWAYS, ENJOY THE CHAPTER AND STAY SAFE XxX

Wednesday morning. Today was Lando and I, our last day of being tourists. This evening we would be driving to the hotel near the circuit.

But even more important news, Catherine Bond Muir had emailed me back. I could tell she was desperate to sign me, just in case anyone else approached me. Veloce W Series team had an opening, because their other driver besides Jamie Chadwick, Bruna Tomaselli, was leaving due to medical reasons. Lucky for me, their factory is only 45 minutes from Woking, so I could possibly sell my Aylesbury apartment, if Lando was open to me moving in full time with him.

I set a date with the team boss and Catherine, we were meeting at the factory on the Tuesday after the Mexican GP. In a week's time, my signing with W Series would go live. I don't know whether or not to be happy. I mean, the shit I'm going to get is a lot. People probably think I'm chickening out of F1, or saying I can't handle it. But its true, I can't handle it. It is too much pressure on me, my mind and my body.

But for now, I still had a championship to focus on. My career in F1 hadn't lasted long, but I have enjoyed almost every minute of it.

Thursday was shit. I can't lie. People were now starting to wonder about my career, people make rumours of course. Plus, I am the only one not left with a seat for next year. And it is incredibly late in the year. November.

I just wanted this weekend to be over, all the free practise sessions were okay. I was P4, P3 and then P6. I had the pace to get P4 in qualifying if I pushed. But I still wanted more. As usual, quali came around and I got into the car. Heading out of the garage, a McLaren mechanic was stood right there about to release one of his cars. I slammed on the brakes. He dived out the way, shit.

"Aid, is he okay?" I asked, worried for the safety of the mechanic.

There was a short pause, "Yes. He's okay. Not hurt anyway. That was a bad judgement call from both teams. Apologies Sky."

"Thats okay, as long as the mechanic is alright." I needed reassuring, I had nearly hit him with the car!

"The mechanic is fine, now lets get driving and set a time. Focus Sky." he replied, slightly annoyed I hadn't driven off yet. I was just parked in the middle of the pit lane. I put my foot down once I knew it was safe and headed down the pit lane. I could see the papaya of one of the McLarens behind me. I couldn't see who it was, and quite frankly, I don't care.

My first timed lap was okay, P7. I was into Q2 anyways, so I didn't need to go back out again. Q2 there was a bit more pressure. The data told me P4, so that's was I was pushing for. I started the lap, braked at the right time, throttle down at the right time too. It was looking like to be a perfect lap, and it was.

I crossed the line and went P3. Brilliant! I just needed to keep that P3 into Q3. Unfortunately I didn't. A Ferrari got in my way in the corners and I took a shit ton of dirty air, and no time for another lap, I was stuck in P6. It wasn't awful. But it left Max fighting two Merc's by himself. I knew what I had to do tomorrow. I just needed to get it done.

The post quali interviews went slow, people still asking about my career. I told them the same thing, 'Something was in the works, but nothing for sure yet.'

I left them guessing and doubting what my next move would be. I obviously knew, but they didn't. I enjoyed toying with the media, they always toyed with me and it pissed me off. Three more days and everyone would know.