Chapter Three

SKY POV

The next day went pretty quickly. It was qualifying. I ended up coming P2 behind Bottas. I was super happy, and all of my team was too. I looked around for Lando and I caught his glance a couple of times and smiled. I had come to the realisation the night before that I liked Lando Norris, more than a friend might I add. 

By the time quali was finished it was just after 4. So, I met with Jules, my PR manager and then headed to the post quali debrief. We discussed scenarios and strategies for the following days race. Max was right behind me in P3, with Russell in P4. Lando was P6 I'm pretty sure.

That night I spent it alone, I had a few messages from George and a couple from Lando. They were mainly just saying congrats on quali. Sunday's race went like a flash. I finished P2, just as expected. This is my second F1 podium. My first was on my debut race when I came third behind Max and George. Sunday was always the night where teams either flew home or stayed for mini parties. Most of them stayed. The only people who really went home were the team principals and a few other staff members.

*TWO WEEKS LATER*

Monaco. The big one. Monaco has and forever will be, my favourite track. It even beats Monza. The twists turns and straights has me feeling electrified. Lando and I ended up going on a sort of date last weekend and have been spending most of our free time together. I don't know which way this was heading, but I liked it. We were all going to the Monaco F1 party tonight held on a very fancy super yacht. I love yacht parties. I don't why but I do.

"Ugh, crap. I need to start getting ready." I muttered under my breath when I heard my hotel door knock.

"Sky? It's George. Can you let me in please? Sky!" he shouted.

"Yes, I am coming!" I shouted back at him. I unlocked the door and went back into my bedroom.

"So, you are going tonight correct. Well of course you are going. Also, a little bird told me you were getting cosy with Norris in London last week." He smirked.

"Uh, NO. I wasn't getting cosy, we just grabbed some dinner. We are friends George. That's what friends do. Do get over yourself." I demanded.

He chuckled.

"Right, you need to get out because I need to get ready. I will see you there. You can see yourself out." I said with a mocking tone. We both burst out laughing and gave each other a hug. He turned around and left.

I walked over to the wardrobe and pulled out a stunning deep blue dress. I then showered and did my makeup. It was 6:30 by the time I was all ready to go, I matched a pair of gold heels with my dress and left the room.

Max and his girlfriend, Kelly, were already in the lobby with Jules. Max was wearing a black tux and Kelly wore an emerald, green dress. I walked towards them, but before I reached them, I heard Max shout, "Ahhh, look who finally decided to show up!".

I laughed as they all turned around, "Very funny Max. Hi Kelly. Wow you look gorgeous." I had only seen Kelly a few times, but she KNEW how to pull of an outfit. She was a goddess. I looked at her in awe, Jules then ushered us towards the car, and we all hopped in. When we arrived at the pier, I couldn't stop myself from staring around. This was my first time at the Monaco party, and I can't lie, I was shitting myself. I looked around for some familiar faces but couldn't find any. Max walked over to me and held out his arm. "Come on, you can walk in with Kelly and I."

I took it gratefully. I was nervous, I can't lie. As we stepped down onto the yacht a familiar voice came from behind. "Sky! Hey, you came!". It was Lando. I turned around to face the blue eyed boy.

"Of course, I came. How could I miss the biggest night of the calendar?" I replied. Lando looked at Max who I was still holding onto.

"If you don't mind, I can take it from here." Gestured Lando. Max looked at him, then me, then him again. I chirped up and said, "Max it's ok. I'll be fine. Plus, you and Kelly don't want me third wheeling. I'll go with Lando. We're just friends so nothing to worry about!"

"Ok, have fun. But not too much fun!" he said whilst walking in.

Lando turned to face me and held out his arm, "Miss Morgan."

"Lando, thank you." I said whilst holding his arm. We walked in together and said a few hellos until we finally managed to find the gang. Over the past months, we had kind of formed a little group. We didn't hang out altogether much, seeing as Lando barely knew me only two weeks ago. But yet, we called ourselves the core 4. Lando, Alex, George, and me. The three boys were very close before I joined F1. But I have known George since the karting days, so the boys welcomed me with open arms.

After spending a good half hour talking, Lando chimed, "I am going to find the bar, care to join Sky?"

I happily agree and we go off to find the booze.

Overall, the party was a LOT of fun! Lando and I had way too much to drink, and everyone had a blast! I pulled my phone from my clutch and checked the time. 11:48pm. Crap. I had practise tomorrow, but then again, everyone did.

Lando must have noticed me panicking over the time because he leaned in and said, "Don't worry, the FIA push the practises to the afternoon because everyone, and I mean everyone, gets drunk at this thing. I know we are already." He laughs. I just gazed at him. He was right, I was drunk. Very drunk in fact.

I leaned back into him and said, "How about blowing this popsicle stand?". I bit my lip. I didn't know what was coming over me, but I liked it. By the looks of things, Lando did too.

"Yeah, let's go!". We both grab our stuff and run off the yacht laughing and screaming.

"I wonder where they are off too. Look at them running." Said Max. he was stood with Lewis, Pierre, and Charles.

"They are just enjoying themselves. They are the youngest two on the grid and are probably having the time of their lives." Replied Lewis. The four men chuckled.