Chapter 65

omg final chapter! enjoy!

We headed downstairs at 8:30, unsurprisingly we were the last ones down there.

"Hah I win!" said Flo.

Lando and I were both confused.

"We made a bet on what time you guys would be down here. I said 8:45 and was closest, all the others said 9am or later. Dad said 11!" exclaimed Flo.

I giggled, Lando looked at his dad. "Dad, we aren't that late. Its 8:30 in the morning. That is too early, but its Christmas. We were not gonna rock down here at 11." he laughed.

Adam patted his sons back as he sat down next to him, the tree was in the corner of the living room, with a literal mountain of presents underneath. Lando and I had put our presents for the others under there too. Cisca was sat next to the tree, handing out peoples presents. They had waited for us to get downstairs before opening any, which was sweet of them.

Mila got some teddies and toys, Flo and Cisca both got new head collars for the horses. But Flo also got brand new competition clothes because she was in the British U19's and needed some smart new kit. Adam and Cisca got Sav and Oli a weekend getaway where they would babysit Mila so the two young parents could get off and have a weekend to themselves.

We had some vouchers for one of the best restaurants in Dubai for when we went out there next week. I had personally bought Adam and Cisca a box of chocolates from one of the finest chocolatiers in London, which they were very grateful. Lando helped me out on that one, he told me they absolutely loved chocolate.

Savannah and Oli had some personalised baby grows off us for Mila, and a bottle of very nice red wine - I was told it was Sav's favourite. For Flo and Cisca, I said they could choose something when we go shopping a few days later seeing as I wasn't sure what to get them. Lando had got me the new pair of Jordan's that I wanted. I couldn't get hold of them anywhere, so I was so surprised when I opened the box. They were the OG Lucky Green ones. He also got me a gorgous Cartier bracelet. Along with Flo and Cissy getting me a brand new Victoria Secret body moisturiser, body spray, body lotion and body wash.

In return, I got him the Stone Island hoodie he has been wanting for what felt like a decade, it was royal blue. To be fair, it looked quite cool. I also got him a brand new set of golf clubs which down very well as you can imagine, I could tell we would also be spending loads of time on the gold course in Dubai too.

After the intense present opening session, it was 10 in the morning. We had salmon for breakfast, and a Bucks Fizz on the side to wash it down. Despite the fact we weren't going anywhere, we still all wanted to get dressed up, so we all headed back upstairs to shower around 11:30. I bagsied Lando's shower first seeing as I take longer to get ready compared to him. I used some of the new body wash the girls got me, it smelt like Vanilla, and gave myself a good wash. Along with running some shampoo and conditioner through my hair. After my shower, I put a face mask on whilst I did my hair, I decided to curl it today, I normally just straighten it. I ran some hair oil through it and washed my face mask off.

Next it was makeup, only a simple look was needed seeing as we weren't going anywhere. I had never really used foundation because I didn't really need it, so I put some concealer on, set that with powder, a bit of bronzer and blush, some highlight. A little bit of brown eyeshadow to compliment that black winged liner I added. Before topping it off with some half lashes and mascara and a layer of lipgloss.

I changed into my clothes, it was a simple, navy blue dress that sat just above my knee. It wasn't tight on my body either so it was slightly more family appropriate. Lando was wearing a gorgeous black shirt with black jeans. Who knew something so simple could look so hot? Anyways, we didn't bother with shoes and bounced back down the stairs. It was now 1 o'clock. Starters were on the table at 1:30, with lunch scheduled for 1:15. Desert was easy, so we could have that whenever. For starter, it was prawn cocktail on a bed of iceberg lettuce, and some melba toast. It was lovely! Cisca and Adam had cooked the veg yesterday whilst we were watching some of the films, so that all that was needed to cook today was the starters and the Turkey. Oh and finish of the desert. We asked if they wanted any help, but they batted us off quite quickly and told us to go and get ready.

The main course was just delicious, we had everything you could think of for a Christmas lunch: Turkey, roast potatoes, Yorkshire puds, red cabbage, carrots, brussels sprouts, loads of gravy, cauliflower and broccoli cheese, honey roasted parsnips, pigs in blankets, stuffing balls - it really was divine.

After all of us had pulled our crackers, told our jokes, and put the crowns on our heads, along with a few cheeky photos, we all tucking into our food. We were all silent for a good ten minutes as we ate away at our stacked plates. However, the plates were empty all too fast. We all chipped in at clearing the plates and loading the dishwasher, along with putting any leftovers in tupperware so it could be stored in the fridge for tomorrow. We had a fifteen minute break before desert, it was a stacked merengue and chocolate cake. With a huge base of merengue, a layer of chocolate and walnuts, and then some whipped cream and then another layer of it all. It really was a masterpiece. However, it was very messy to plate up, so Cisca whipped it into the kitchen to plate into bowls.

As she brought out the bowls, mine was the last to be placed in front of me. But mine did not have a slice of merengue in it, mine had a little black box. I was confused, I looked up at Cisca, who looked at Lando. I turned to face him, my mouth open slightly.

"Well open it." he said, chuckling.

I had a feeling of what might be in the box, but wasn't too sure. I had been asking for a pair of Cartier earrings too, so at first I thought it be that. But when I opened it, I had to blink twice to see what was actually in front of me. It was a ring. An engagement ring to be precise. A gorgeous one too, it had a small square diamond at the centre of a diamanté encrusted band. Lando gently took the box out of my hand and stood up, to only get back down on his knee. He inhaled deeply, before beginning to speak:

"Sky, I haven't known you properly for very long. Only 10 months, 3 weeks and 2 days to be precise. But yet, I have never felt so deeply for someone than you. Every time you walk into a room, the air around you lifts, people's smiles get wider, my heart gets bigger. Every single second I'm with you, I love it. The way you smile, the way you talk and the fact you are always giggling at the most random things. The way you tuck your hair behind your eyes when you get nervous, the way you blush every time someone says anything nice about you. The way you have absolutely crushed this season. I know we haven't been official for very long, and I'm not saying we have to get to the alter tomorrow, but it would warm my heart to know that one day, whether its in a few months, or a few years, that you'd be willing to have me."

I smiled and blushed, tears forming in my eyes.

"So, Sky Morgan, will you marry me?"

yes I'm that person to leave it on a cliffhanger, I mean, we all know what she's going to say, well, do we? ;)

anyways, just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone that has read this book and followed me on this 11 month journey of writing! I started it in March 2021 and its now February 2022! its been a wild ride and don't worry, I have a new book up my sleeve.

In fact, you can read the first chapter of 'sisters bestfriend' on my profile now! I probably won't update it for a while but make sure to add it to your library so you get notified when I update it.

Also, expect one BONUS CHAPTER coming soon as well!!!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH, AND I'LL SEE YOU IN THE NEXT BOOK :)