Chapter 50

"I'm home."

I hopped through the hallway and dropped my bag, Holly had dropped me at home because of my crutch, I needed a hand here and there - especially getting around the airport! Lando was in the kitchen making dinner, even though it was 9pm. He looked up, as he saw me his expression softened. "Hey Sky.", until he saw my crutches, "Oh my god. Shit, is it broken? What happened? Oh my god, I feel so bad."

I waved my hand in the air, "Lando. Lando. Calm down. I'm fine. It's just bruised, however I'm not allowed to race in Brazil."

His face dropped, "Oh. I'm honestly so so sorry. In fact, can we talk?"

I sighed, thought about it for a moment, then looked back up again, "Yes. I think we need to."

We sat down on the sofa, Lando was sat crossed legged, whilst I had my bad leg rested on the sofa.

"I'll start." Lando stated. "I just want to say first of all the obvious, I'm sorry. I'm so so so sorry, you have no idea how much I was hurting after the crash. I never thought in a million years we would crash into each oth-"

I interrupted, "You would crash into me."

"Yes, well, moving on, I didn't mean to. You should know that, I would never purposely crash into you. You are the love of my life, I care for you more than anyone, and hell, we haven't even been together a year yet! I love you to the moon and back Sky, I really do." he was now looked at his feet and his voice got quieter. "I'm sorry."

I sighed gently, I had done a lot of sighing today, "Lando, I know you didn't crash into me on purpose. Holly told me she had watched all the onboards and heard all the team radios. the weather conditions were bad, no one could've predicted it. I was just upset that it was you, and I am sorry for the way I spoke to you afterwards at the track and the hospital. I should never had spoken to you, I can't believe I even thought you had crashed into me on purpose. I guess it was just the heat of the moment that made me think like that."

Lando shuffled across the sofa, and placed his hand on my leg, "Sky. Its okay, I deserved all the mouthing off you gave me, but I was honestly so scared that I had ruined your career, your life, and even worse, us. I even thought I'd killed you. The way you spun around and flipped! I do hope you will forgive me."

"I forgive you Lando. I love you."

He leaned forward and kissed my cheek, "I love you even more Sky Morgan. So, what about your ankle?"

"I just have to use the crutches this week, but use my foot a little bit to use the muscle. It's nothing major and should be okay to race in Qatar, but I have to see a medical professional beforehand to determine whether or not I can race. Until then, I'm on these bad boys." I gestured to my crutches.

"Okay, I'll help you every step of the way. No buts. And W Series? Aren't you signing tomorrow?"

"Yes that's still going ahead, I just need to call Catherine and tell her. Hopefully she won't mind me calling at this time."

"I'll let you get that sorted, I'll be in the kitchen". said Lando.

He stood up, kissed my forehead and headed back to check on the pasta boiling on the hob.

I was glad we had sorted it out. I knew we were treading on glass at the moment, especially with my W Series signing going live hopefully tomorrow. I called Catherine and she answered almost straight away, and we were set to sign me tomorrow. I also thought I should update my social media, so I found a picture from before I crashed.

@skymorgan