Chapter Six

We soon approached Charles' apartment. He buzzed us up and we stepped into the elevator. Daniel knocked on the door and shouted, "Open up Frenchy!"

We all laughed and when Charles opened the door, he was too. We all took a seat in his living room; Alex was on his simulator racing the streets of Monaco. We all crowded round the screen to see how he was doing. His lap time was well-paced, and he was making steady progress, he was also currently P4.

"Right," Charles said, "What does everyone want? I was thinking a mozzarella pizza and a salami pizza. Suggestions?"

I turned around and said, "Do they do ham and mushroom?"

Charles scanned the menu and looked up, "Yes they do, would you like one?"

I nodded. "Yes please."

Charles nodded back and I turned once again just in time to see Alex cross the line. Everyone cheered. "That's the closest you are ever going to get to a podium mate." Laughed George.

Alex replied quick and fast, "At least I get in the top 10.". Everyone 'oooed' at his comeback and chuckled. Eventually, everyone had dispersed themselves around Charles' living room.

Pierre was taking his turn on the simulator when the door knocked, and the pizza arrived. Charles put them on the coffee table and grabbed some small plates, "Help yourself."

Everyone did. There was probably seven slices left once everyone had had a couple of slices themselves.

Daniel sat up on the sofa, put his plate down and said, "I think we should play truth or dare. Who's in?"

We all nodded in agreement. "Ok, good. I will start easy. Max, truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"I want you to go over to the balcony and scream at the top of your lungs, I love Daniel Ricciardo." Everyone laughed and to Daniel's surprise, Max did it. We all laughed as he sat back down, we had a few more rounds with questions like how you got into racing and pick someone's nose. Childish things really.

When George chose me, "Sky, truth or dare?"

"Hmm, I think I will choose truth."

"Ok, if you haven't noticed by now, you are the only girl on a grid full of men."

"Men? I don't see any men in this room. Only children." I laughed and George smiled.

"Ok, whatever. But, if you had to date someone on the grid, who would it be?"

That was the type of question you get asked in high school, but I took it, I chuckled.

"I don't know."

I sat there in thought, I didn't really want to answer that question. I had a brief idea who, but I wasn't prepared to share that private information.

"Oh, I bet you do. You just don't want to share. I reckon they are in this very room right now!" Daniel smirked.

I blushed hard. I could feel it. I froze. "No one." I finally said, "If you'll excuse me, I am going to the bathroom."

I quickly stood up and headed towards the loo. I felt like I wanted to cry, and I had no idea why. It wasn't like Lando wanted to date me back, but I hated being on the spot. It had gotten me into some bad situations in the past. I locked the door and leant against it, I slid down onto the floor and a single tear ran down my cheek, followed by several more.

Why was I crying? I had no idea why, but I was. I put my head in my knees and softly cried so none of the boys could hear me.

LANDO POV

Sky had left to go the bathroom and we were all slightly confused.

It had been a while, so I stood up, "I am going to go and see if she is ok." The boys all nod at me and I walk off. I reach the bathroom door and gently knock on it.

"Sky? It's Lando. Are you okay?"

I get a muffled response, "Yeah, I think I am okay.".

My heart dropped; she had been crying.

"Uh, can I come in?" I ask. I wait patiently for a response, I don't get one, so I turn around. But just before I walk away, I hear the lock on the door click. I slowly opened it and saw Sky leant against the bathtub.

I walk in and close the door behind me. I sit down onto the floor with my back against the sink, next to her.

"What's going on Sky?". I look at her and her eyes are bright red. I can see tears slowly rolling down her cheeks.

"I don't know. But I have a good idea."

"Okay. Do you want to talk about it?". She bites her lip and looks at me.

"I had an answer to George's question."

I sat there, not knowing what to say or do, I just waited for her to carry on.

She sat up and continued, "I didn't want to tell you all because it would not only be embarrassing for myself,", she pauses, "But for someone else."

She looks at me dead in the eyes, she doesn't mean anyone in the other room. She means me. She looks down and starts to cry again, "Oh no please don't cry."

I shuffle over so that I am sat right next to her. I put my arm round her shoulder whilst she is crying. She leans into me.

"I'm sorry if this is weird." She speaks.

"Oh no, it's really not." I reply.

"Um Lando. I have to tell you something." She sits up and pulls away from me, I release my arm from her shoulders.

"I think... I think I like you."

My heart stops. I didn't know how to react or what to say. She stands up and goes to walk out crying when I grab her hand.

"Stop." I stand up as well. We look at each other. "Look, I know dating your colleagues is bad, especially in our profession, but would you perhaps want to grab dinner sometime? Because quite frankly, I think I like you to. We should start easy, dinner or drinks. Then see where it goes."

A smile appears on her face and I feel myself blushing. She hugs me before laughing, "Ah, my god. Sorry you had to see me in such a state. I don't cry often. Yeah, I would really like that. Tomorrow after quali, or Sunday after the race?"

I think for a moment, "How about tomorrow for some light dinner?"

She smiles and says, "Ok. Also, I think I am gonna head back to the hotel. I don't want the others to see me like this, it would ruin the evening."

"Ok, I will walk you back."

"Thank you, Lando." I replied with a smile.

We walk out into the hallway by the door, "I will go and grab your jacket and tell the others we are going."

"Ok."

I walk into the living room and all the lads turn to look at me, their faces concerned.

"She is fine, just a bit upset. No big deal. I am going to walk her back to the hotel and double check she is ok. You guys stay and enjoy yourselves."

George stands up, "Thanks mate. Text me when you guys are at the hotel."

I nod and say goodbye.