Chapter Four

SKY POV

Lando and I ran back to the car park. Luckily Lando's SUV is still there with the driver. He opens the door for me, and I clamber in.

"Evening Mike, can you take us back to the hotel please?"

Mike nodded and started the car. They soon arrived at the hotel and stumbled into the elevator, "So, your room or mine?" I asked.

"I think yours will suffice!" he stated. We eventually reached the eighth floor and walked out dying with laughter. We regained a steady breath and walked towards my door, I open my clutch and pull out my room key. I push open the door and we both walk in. We crash onto my bed and I can smell Lando's cologne. He was close. We were both lay on our backs staring at the ceiling in silence, when Lando sat up. I followed.

"What's up Lando?"

He turned and looked at me, "Oh nothing. I have just really enjoyed tonight. I also, uh, I think I uh. Never mind. I think I will head back to my room; it's getting late.".

My heart dropped, I hoped he would stay but I suppose he was right. We both had free practice tomorrow and it had gone midnight. "Uh, ok. I'll show you out".

We both stood up and walked to the door, we were drunk but yet acted completely normal. I opened the door for him, and he stepped out into the corridor. Before he left, he turned to face me and walked up to me. He grabbed my face with his hand and kissed me on the cheek.

I froze. I didn't know what to do, he let go of my face and I smiled. He returned one and walked off. I shut the door and leant against it. My heart was beating a million beats a minute. I decided to go to bed, seeing as I did have practice tomorrow and by the amount Lando and I drank, I am going to have a painful headache.

LANDO POV
I left Sky standing at her door. I felt bad for leaving her room seeing as we just got there but I realised something that I wasn't too keen to share. I know I have only known her well for a couple of weeks, I think I like her a little bit. Her laugh, her smile, they way she lightens up the room when she walks in, it just makes me feel good.

But then, we both race in F1 and we are on different teams. Plus, I don't think I should date a colleague. Especially if she is also a driver.

I reached my room the same time as Daniel reached his, "Oi. Norris; where have you been?"

"Oh nowhere. I'll see you at breakfast."

"OKAY! Have fun in your room." Shouted Daniel. I laughed. He was as drunk as a skunk. I turned and went into my own room. I threw my tux jacket onto a chair and changed into some shorts to wear to bed. I jumped into bed and checked my Instagram. Once I had finished on my phone it was 12:42am. I turned my alarm on and went to sleep.

SKY POV

I had just finished my morning run and headed into the bathroom. I was still thinking about why Lando might have left last night. I had considered texting him but decided not to. Today was free practice so I needed to have my head on. I took a paracetamol and hopped into the shower.

I changed into my Red Bull gear and went down for some breakfast. It was 9:30 already and the breakfast room was fairly busy. I was quite surprised at how many people were there seeing as last night was the biggest party of the year. I told myself that most of the people here probably have banging headaches.

I walked over to my table and was greeted by Max, "Good morning Sky. How you feeling?"

I responded with a short answer, "Crap.".

Everyone laughed, Max sat down next to me along with Kelly. I took a bite of my food, bacon, eggs, and some fried mushrooms.

"So, Sky. Where did you and Mr Norris disappear to last night?"

I blushed. "Oh, we came back here. We went back to my room, but he left pretty quickly. And no, nothing happened."

Max smiled and tucked into his own food. I saw George walk into the room, he spotted me just as I finished my food.

"Hey Sky!"

"George! When did you get back from the party?" I asked.

"Uh, about 1:30. But I didn't have too much to drink so my headache isn't too bad, I hope so anyways." We both laugh at George's statement and I give him a hug.

"Well, I am off to the track, but I'll see you later!" I speak. I walk off towards Jules and wave. Jules and I don't wait for Max seeing as he will come to the track with Kelly and his trainer, James. We hop into the SUV and drive five minutes to track.

We head towards the hospitality suite and I grab yet another coffee. I then proceed to walk to my own room and change into my racing gear. I see Christian Horner and my team talking next to my car, I figure they were talking about strategies and data.

I walk out and hop into my car; practice was about to begin.

*THIRD PERSON POV*

Max Verstappen currently holds the fastest lap of todays practice, with Lewis Hamilton in second, and Formula One rookie Sky Morgan, in third. OH! Oh no! What is going on with Daniel Ricciardo's McLaren, he has spun in the middle of the track. He collides with another car! It looks like the Aston Martin of Lance Stroll, and here comes his partner round the corner. Norris just misses the crash by slamming his brakes on. Oh my god. It looks like Ricciardo has slammed into the wall. I hope everyone is ok.

Horner turns around from the pit wall to look towards the last corner before the straight where Daniel's car was planted in the wall. One of the mechanic pulls his headphones off at the pit wall and says, "Christian, Sky saw the crash in her mirror and wants to know what's going on."

"Ok, hang on" replied Christian.

"Hey Sky. It's Christian. It was Stroll and Ricciardo, Danny put his car in the wall due to a spin, but they are both ok. Lando Norris just missed the collision himself."

"Oh my god! I'm glad everyone is ok. Did you say Lando missed the collision?" she replied.

"Yes, he and his car are both perfectly fine. I want to box this lap please, box this lap."

"Ok Christian."