Chapter 27

NEW BOOK ALERT
—————— i'll be uploading my new charles story when this one reaches 10k reads❤️

————— enjoy the chapter
———— and please stay safe!
———also don't be a silent reader! let me know your thoughts on the book :)
—— THANK YOU FOR 7,000 READS OMG
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The French sun set over the hills on Sunday night.

I walked into my hotel room and threw my rucksack on the floor. I then collapsed on the bed only to hear a knock on the door.

I opened it for it only to be slammed shut again 30 seconds later when a body was pressed against mine once again.

"Good evening baby."

"Ughh, good evening Mr Norris." I muttered.

Lando hoisted me up by my leg and I wrapped them around his hips as he walked me to my bed. "Ooh, I love the nickname baby." He muttered.

"Likewise." I giggled.

Lando laid me down gently and soon after his body was on mine. With only a few minutes later, our clothes were strewn on the floor.

——

Lando and I woke up wrapped in each other's arms. It was 8:30am.

"Morning Sky." he yawned.

"Hi Lando, ah shit. My plane leaves in 2 hours. We need to get up." I murmured in response.

"I know, I know."

I rolled out of bed and ran straight for the shower. I caught Lando getting up too as I closed the bathroom door.

I let the warmth of the water run over my dark brown hair. Naturally, my hair is very curly. So I have to keep it in a nice condition otherwise it goes dry and frizzy. Leave in conditioner is a treat. I covered myself in my foamy body wash and once again, let the water rinsed off the soap.

By the time I had stepped out and dried myself down, I opened the door and Lando had gone. I guessed he had gone back to his room, and my theory was confirmed when I read the note he left on the bedside table:

            Sky,

I've headed back to my room to pack. I'll meet you at my house later on seeing as we are on different planes.

Love you, Lan xo

I smiled at his note and set it back down on my bedside table and picked out my clothes for today. I went with a comfortable option of light grey PrettyLittleThing joggers and a black Quadrant hoodie that was originally Lando's. I had stolen it a couple of weeks ago and it was too big for me which made it even more comfier. I then ran around my room and folded my stuff back into my suitcase. This was my least favourite part of the race weekend.

I chucked all my toiletries into my wash bag and pulled on my Nike air forces. 10AM came too soon when I rushed my belongings out of the room and into the elevator, it stopped on the 4th floor and the doors opened. A sleepy Max Verstappen appeared.

"Morning sleepyhead." I chuckled.

Max got in, "Piss off Sky." He groaned.

"Haha. I'm sorry Max, you clearly had a late night." I responded. All I got back was a slight 'Mhm' and then it went quiet.

The elevator stopped at the bottom floor and we both trudged out and made our way to the reception desk. Kelly appeared from the lobby, "Hey Maxie. Morning Sky."

"Hey Kelly. You are the complete opposite to Max this morning!"

Kelly always managed to look like a ray of sunshine, she never looked tired or unwell. She was always full of life and happiness.

"Thanks Sky. It was made even more obvious last night that I can take drink much better than Max can." she chuckled.

"Oh shh Kels." came a voice from Max. Kelly and I looked at each other and began to giggle between us.

Once we had all arrived at the reception desk, we both checked out and the SUV waited to take us 15 minutes down the road to the airport.

The plane ride home was very plain and boring. I didn't do much. I watched Cars. The Disney trilogy. Those films are and will always be my comfort films and no one can change my mind. Then I collected my suitcase from the conveyor belt and headed to the car park garage.

My lush Nissan was sat there, in all it's hidden glory.

After jamming out to some of my complete favourite tunes, I had arrived back in Woking. I pulled up to Lando's house and jumped out the car. A smile and a hug greeted me at the door.

"Hello you. How was your plane journey?" I asked as I handed Lando my suitcase.

He picked it up and wheeled it into the hallway, I closed the door behind me. "It was good thanks, would've been better with you on there too. Ya know, so I could sleep on you."

"Awww Lan. That's cute." I said. Lando looked at me and blushed.

We walked to the kitchen and grabbed some cans of Diet Coke and then decided to spend the day on the sofa. We watched Criminal Minds for a couple of hours and ordered McDelivery to the house.

After visiting the fridge for yet another time today, I shouted back at Lando, "Hey Lan, we need to go to the shop. We literally have no food in your fridge."

A shout then echoed through the house back at me, "Okie dokie, we will go after this episode."

I nodded in response and he pressed play as I walked back into the living room, still in the same clothes I was on the plane in.

Time went by, Lando and I went to Tesco's and bought some food. Pasta, fruit, veg a couple of snacks and healthy options, you know what I mean. We have strict diets we have to follow.

After a while, I decided it was probably time to head back to my own house, so I grabbed some things of my own like milk, butter and bread, and then we payed and left the shop. We got back to Lando's and I packed my bags, gave a kiss and set off home.

I can't lie, I was looking forward to sleeping in my own bed for once. It's been a while since I'd been at home.

I arrived at my driveway and pulled my keys from my bag. Unlocking my door, the scent of my air freshener hit me. Even though it was June, I still turned the heating on for a while, it was 7pm to be fair, and when you don't go in your house for a while, it gets cold.

After cranking the heating up, I walked into my utility room and threw my dirty clothes into the washing machine and took my clean clothes and put them away in my wardrobe.

I decided to go to bed and then get up early in the morning, so I can run and make a stop at the post office.