Chapter Two

Sky POV

It was getting late and most of the drivers and mechanics had left. There were about ten of us left. Alex and Max were indulged in a deep FIFA match and everyone watched, wondering who was going to win. I looked around for George, he is my best friend so I hoped he would be free to chat. He wasn't, him and Daniel were making jokes and laughing and Alex's FIFA skills, which were dreadful by the way!

Then I noticed that Lando wasn't sat in his seat. I looked around and found him looking in the fridge trying to fish for drink. I decided I was going to use this opportunity to grow some balls and go talk to him.

"Hey Lando." I said as I walked over.

"Hey Sky, good practise today. You were quick. P3."

"Oh, thanks Lando! I was pretty impressed myself to be honest." We both laughed and stood there in an awkward silence for a few seconds, tension growing. 

"So, um, I'm gonna go and sit back down. Nice talking to you Sky." Said Lando. I watched him as he went and sat back down. Well that went well. I was bored so I decided to leave, I grabbed my jacket from the back of a chair and turned to see if I could catch George's glance, I do. I nod my head in the direction of the door and mouth, 'I am going to go.'.

He looked at me worriedly and I mouthed I'm fine back to him. I left him with a reassuring smile and headed back to my own room. Once again, I collapsed on my bed. I lay there for about five minutes until I realised, I had left my purse in Daniels room. Great. Back I go. 

I head back down and knock on the door, only it wasn't Daniel who answered. It was Lando.

"Oh, hey Sky. You alright?"

"Yeah, it seems that I left my purse in here." I reply.

"Do you want to come in and see if you can find it?" he asked.

"Sure, thanks."

He replied with a pleasant smile and opened the door wider for me to walk through. I reached where I left my purse and picked it up. I then turned around to face Lando, "Thanks, uh, I should be going now."

He looked up at me, "Would you perhaps want to stay for a bit longer? I know you wanted to go, but we could grab a drink and chill on the couch? I realised when I spoke to you earlier that I don't know much about you, seeing as you are a rookie this year."

At that exact moment, my heart skipped a beat. I didn't know what to say. Finally, my mouth produced words.

"Sure, why not. I've got time.". His smile when I said this melted my heart. We grabbed some pop from the fridge and plonked down on the sofa.

"So, where is Daniel?" I ask.

"He went out and said he would be back at about 11."

I thought for a moment, it was only 8:30. Daniel was known to be reckless, so I shrugged it off and carried on focusing on Lando. We talked for ages, about everything F1, how we got into the sport. We even found out that we crossed paths several times! There were also moments where we would finish a topic and just look at each other, filled with contempt. The time soon came up to be about 10pm.

I stood up and said, "I should probably get going now. Big day tomorrow."

Lando stood up alongside me, he was close, but not close enough for my liking. I had butterflies in my stomach the entire time I was talking to him.

"I will walk you back to your room."

I nodded and he followed me out. Once we reached my room, I opened the door with the key and propped it open and faced back to Lando, "I am really glad we did this. We should maybe do it again sometime?"

"Yeah! That would be ace. Give me your number and then I can text you." He spoke. I genuinely thought my heart had stopped. Had Lando Norris just asked for MY phone number? A dream come true.

"Yeah, come in whilst I find a piece of paper." I shouted whilst walking towards the main room. Lando close behind, he stopped and leant against the little breakfast table that was in my suite. I finally found some paper and scribbled my number down. I proceeded to give him the paper.

He stood up from leaning on the table and I realised how close we were, I could smell his cologne. It was amazing. Followed by his steady breaths on my neck. With only inches between us, we stood there just gazing up at each other.

Only three hours ago, this guy barely acknowledged me and now he is withing a hands reach, I thought. He was first to break the gaze, he turned and headed to the door in silence. Leaving me in front of the floor to ceiling window.

"Lando!" I said chasing after him. He reached the door and turned around, his smile curved up into a smirk, "Yes?".

"Thank you."

"For what, Sky?"

"Everything." I replied. He shut the door and I heard his footsteps down the corridor. Oh my god. Did that just happen? I need to lie down. He didn't have to walk me to my room either, it was only down the hall. But I guess its the thought that counts, right?

LANDO POV

I shut Sky's door and headed back to my own room still clutching the piece of paper with her number neatly scribbled onto it. Once I was in the elevator, I had my thoughts to myself. What just happened? That was oddly intimate seeing as I barely know the girl. She gorgeous though. Plus, we were so close that I could smell her shampoo and her perfume. I know this is our fourth race already, but I have barely spoken to her. Why, I don't know! I wish I had spoken to her sooner though.

I heard the ding of the elevator and walked out onto my floor. My room, coincidentally, opposite Daniels. I opened it and went inside. I flung myself onto my bed and quickly changed into some shorts for bed and took my shirt off.

I tucked myself under the covers before opening my phone and poking in her number.

I decided I was going to text her straight away; I don't know why I decided to do this, but I did. Something was strange, I think I might have been falling for her. But how? I barely know her, plus dating a colleague is bad luck.

LANDO: Hey Sky, this is Lando.

I was pleasantly surprised at how quick she replied.

SKY: Hey Lando, thanks again for tonight. I really enjoyed myself.

LANDO: Me too. I will let you get to bed now, just thought I'd let you know that you are now saved as a contact ;))

SKY MORGAN LIKED YOUR MESSAGE

All I could do was smile.