ii

"Will he even like me, I mean, Kookie, for goodness sakes he's the king!" J/GF squeaked. Jungkook nodded.

"Isn't this so exciting; I'm sure he'll love you," Jungkook sighed, "who wouldn't like you?"

Jungkook ran a hand through his hair as he bounced on the soles of his feet, rubbing his hands together. "I don't know, Koo--"

"There!" Jungkook straightened up and took a step forward. Namjoon nodded. "Your highness, your highness, I wou-- would like you to meet my girlfriend." Namjoon paused in front of them as J/GF nodded.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," she said in a small voice. Namjoon smiled.

"Likewise." Jungkook beamed as J/GF stepped back into place with him. Namjoon smiled at them both. "Leaving early again, bud?" He nodded.

"It's her birthday today, your highness." Namjoon nodded and smiled at J/GF once more.

"Well, happy birthd--"

"When's the conference?" The three of them turned to see Yoongi walking down the corridor towards them. Both J/GF and Jungkook immediately bowed.

"Good evening, your majes--"

"Are we bringing strangers into the palace now?" he asked calmly as he walked past them. Namjoon sighed.

"Hyung."

"We'll be late," Yoongi responded promptly. Namjoon sighed as Jungkook shook his head before Joon could even begin to apologize.

"I'm sor--"

"No, no, your majesty, it isn't a problem." Namjoon nodded as Jungkook took his girlfriend's-- soon to be fiance in a few hours-- hand. "We're going to be late as well." Namjoon nodded.

"Good luck at your conference, your highness."

They left, whispering to each other and Namjoon smiled, shaking his head before turning to follow the path his elder brother had taken.

"So you're coming?" Namjoon asked. Yoongi grunted in response without even turning to look. "Why?"

"If I'm going to be crowned king I need to get my shit together."

-

""Marriage?" Namjoon nodded. "Now?"

"They're holding a ball for you," he said calmly. "Next weekend."

"To find me a fucking wife?"

"Yoongi."

"I don't want to get married." Joon sat down as Yoongi paced back and forth.

"It's better if you do." Yoongi stared at him. "You do realize that after us there isn't anyone to be--"

"This is why you were supposed to be king, Namjoon!" They stared at each other. "I don't want to fucking have kids and I especially don't want to fucking have kids with someone woman from another kingdom who grew up thinking--"

"Yoongi, would you stop thinking about just yourself for once." Yoongi shut up. "Damn it, hyung, all you're thinking about is how this is gonna affec--"

"I'm the one that has to get married!" Namjoon sighed as Yoongi took a moment to calm down. "Who's coming?"

"A few princesses," Joon said with a nod. "Their families of course."

"Alright."

"Young women from the village have been invited too, of course." Yoongi rubbed his forehead. "You'll have your pick."

"Fucking great."

"I'm sure it'll go well, hyung." Yoongi glared. "Settle down, start a family--"