iii

"You haven't said yes to anyone, hyung."

"I'm aware."

"Maybe you should dance with them-- would that help?" Yoongi pulled a face. "Hyung you have to pick."

"They all look stuck up."

"Maybe a maiden from the village will be nice-- I know some of N/GF's are here; maybe she can intr--"

"No thanks." The elder prince stood and headed down where everyone was. The last princess was introduced and he shook his head as he sighed, stopping into the ballroom.

He looked around and a woman approached him. "May I get a dance with you?" she asked politely. He nodded and let her lead him there. A frown on his face he looked back up st Namjoon; his brother gave him an encouraging smile.

It wasn't working and so the prince excused himself. Only for another woman to approach him. It was as if now, that they had the chance to be with him, to be of royalty, the elder prince was oh so interesting.

It was like his attitude nor his scar mattered anymore. But he did take notice that none of them, not one of these women, looked at him in the eye. They barely even looked at his face.

Except one.

The reason he even noticed you was because you'd accidentally made eye contact with him so when he held that eye contact for more than a few seconds, he made his way over. You freaked out a little, not knowing what was going to happen.

You watched as he walked towards you, your grip on Taehyung's coat tightening. "Y/N-- what's wro--"

"Do you want to dance?" You blinked as Yoongi stood before you. He swallowed and you watched as his Adam's apple bobbed.

You slowly looked up at Taehyung who grinned and nodded. "Y/N!" He whispered.

"Dance?" you repeated. He nodded. You looked back at Taehyung who simply wiggled his eyebrows at you, nudging you with his shoulder. "Okay." You curtsied before meeting his eye, taking his hand.

Dancing with him wasn't so bad. You stood close so you wouldn't have to look at him too much. His presence scared you, really. Not only his status-- he was a prince-- but just him. The way he held himself, the way he walked, his voice. Yes, he was so attractive but he scared you quite a bit.

Not to mention his scar. You'd heard stories about him and his scar. You'd seen him around the village too-- not often, but sometimes he stood behind Prince Namjoon while greeting others.

But you never expected your first interaction with him to be this close.

"Okay," you whispered after some time. His grip on your waist loosened and you took a step back. You didn't say anything for a moment.

"Okay," he mumbled. You swallowed.

"Thank you." You hurried back to your brother who set his drink down as you approached him.

Taehyung wrapped his arms around you as he watched Yoongi deny any further dances and head back to the younger princess.

"Gosh," you sighed. Taehyung pulled away from you.

"You just danced with the prince!" he exclaimed. You pushed your hair behind your ear and sighed.

"That was terrifying."

"He asked you," Tae assured. "There's got to be a reason for tha--"

And then there was an announcement. That the prince in question didn't even make-- he just stood behind his brother, hands in his pockets.