xxxvi

"Jungkook!"

"Your highness! Jungkook ran up to him and bowed before running a hand through his hair.

"What are you doing here, bud, it's so late?" Jungkook grinned. "Shouldn't you be at home with your wife?"

"I had a question, your majesty." Namjoon raised his eyebrows. "I'll go back shortly."

"Of course-- you don't want to be leaving her home alone this late into her pregnancy." Jungkook nodded.

"It's about her, actually, my question but-- I have another too." Namjoon nodded. "On my way here I heard things about y/n-- the queen and, and I was just wondering if she was okay?" Namjoon looked up towards your bedroom.

"I believe so, she's with n/w." Jungkook nodded and sighed in relief. "Do you happen to know anything else about that, Jungkook?"

"About what I heard?" The prince nodded. "No, your highness, I only had a few people ask me about it on my way here as I'm--" he gestured to the work clothes that'd he worn.

"Of course, only natural of them."

"What's going to happen, your majesty-- I know y/n would never--"

"I know, bud, we'll try to sort things out in the morning; things are too crazy to be meddled with this late in the night. We've decided it's best to let people settle down." Jungkook nodded. "And your question?" Jungkook's eyes lit up again as he stood straighter.

"Yes, yes, it was about the baby-- when the baby comes will I have t--"

"Hoseok!" Jungkook frowned as the prince cut him off. He turned around to be met with the duke. Jungkook bowed.

"Hello." Hoseok nodded at the knight.

"Hello, Sir Jeon." Jungkook beamed. "Namjoon-- what's going on?"

"I'm not sure," the prince sighed. "You tell me-- the rumours are quite literally about you."

"Nothing happened between the queen and I-- we're just mere acquaintances now." Jungkook listened quietly.

"Who do you think maybe have--" Hoseok shrugged and Namjoon sighed again. "We'll get this sorted out."

"I just wanted to make sure she was okay."

"N/W is with her right now; she'll be fine." Hoseok nodded.

"I'm just gonna go say hello, alright?" The prince nodded and they gave each other a quick hug.

"You were saying, buddy?" Jungkook grinned and continued on with his question.

Hoseok headed down the hallway and up the stairs to get to your room. He just wanted to apologize, if anything. He hadn't told anyone about what had happened between then and he was positive that you hadn't either. But there may be a chance that he could've accidentally blabbered about it at a bar of some sort.

He was convinced that if anyone, it was his fault. And so he headed to you with his shoulders down, ready to assure you he'd fix what he can. What he didn't expect was the little girl that would run into him.

Esther had just run out of the room, still in hysterics as she looked around. She'd seen the strange man run out of the room-- what if he was still out here? What if he tried to hurt her like he'd hurt Yoongles?

So she froze for a moment, looking around the hallway. Y/N? Where was she supposed to find you? She wasn't used to being around the palace that often and it was a little dark, it being way past her bedtime.

And cranky, scared and tired were not a good combination of adjectives to describe a toddler all at once.

"Daddy?" She scurried down the hall. "Daddy!"