xxxi

"It's getting late."

"Please, I really need to finish this, Yoongi," you whispered. You let out a sigh of frustration as you began to pick at the stitches again. He walked over.

"What happened?"

"I don't know-- all of these look wrong." He looked at it.

"They look okay to me." You almost glared at him. His eyebrows raised.

"It looks pulled," you whispered. Your eyes shut. "God, the wedding's tomorrow."

'"You have some time." You nodded. "It's eleven."

"Okay." You gave him a small smile. "I'll be done by twelve I hope." He nodded and headed to bed.

He sat and wrote for a long time before finally getting up again. You turned to see the time as he stretched out his arms. "Ten minutes to midnight," he told you. Your eyes watered.

"I'm not gonna be done." He let his arms drop to his sides as he walked over.

"Are you crying?" You turned back to the dress and swallowed hard, hoping to keep your tears at bay. You couldn't let him see you cry. Oh. And the dress. You couldn't get the dress wet.

"No, I'm okay." Your voice cracked though. You pointed at the edge. "Can you-- can you hold that straight?" He nodded and picked up what he asked you to.

He held it as you let it through the sewing machine. Yawning, he picked up the next piece. "This too?" You nodded.

"Thank you." He shook his head and took a seat on the ground, leaning against the leg of your chair as he held up the fabric he needed. With him holding it, all you had to worry about was making the machine work. "Okay," you whispered once it was done.

"Finished?"

"No, no." You stood, holding the dress up. He blinked at it. And then he looked at you. You carried the dress to the bed and laid it flat.

"It looks done?" You nodded. "Can we sleep now?"

"I-- I still need to make the veil." He sighed. "This shouldn't take me very long." He nodded.

"What do you need?"

"Tule-- I've already cut it out so I don't need to-- I just need to find it." He nodded and went back to sitting against your chair. "Hey, you can go to sleep." He shook his head.

"I don't mind waiting."

He didn't mind waiting on the floor by your chair, he meant because he'd fallen asleep by the time you were done. You put it away with the dress to take to their house the next day before you returned to him. "Yoongi?" He sat up straight immediately, waking up.

"Oh." You smiled as he rubbed his eyes.

"I'm done." He nodded and stood. You cleaned up the rest of your stuff as he walked to the bed, falling in immediately. You did the same, getting under the covers once the lights were off. Finally.

"Hey," he whispered in a few minutes. You opened your eyes to look at him. It was well past twelve now, almost one.

"Yeah?"

"I know you were crying." You blinked at the ceiling. "The dress looks really nice."

"Thank you." He nodded and turned his head away. Your eyelids grew heavy as you turned to lie on your side, facing him. He was laying on his stomach. "Good night, Yoongi."

His arm raised to drape over you and you blushed a little before letting your eyes fall close entirely.

"Goodnight, y/n."