iv

"Y/N!" You looked up from your book as Taehyung ran into your room. He bowed, as he'd taken to doing, and handed you a letter. You rolled your eyes.

"What's this?"

"Came in the mail for you," he said with a smile, sitting on your bed. You set your book down and pried at the flaps, opening it carefully.

It was pretty heavy, for a letter. The creamy parchment was folded neatly and your name was written in the prettiest handwriting. Taehyung shook his head to get his hair out of his eyes as he watched you read.

"I've been invited to the prince's wedding," you said, reading it all over again.

"Prince Namjoon's?" You looked up at him and he clapped. You turned the parchment around and sighed.

"I'm not sure I like this whole royal thi--" you paused as you brought the paper up closer to read. Tae leaned in.

"What is it?"

you are to be my date

You stared at the tiny hand scribble before looking up at your brother. He snatched the paper from you and grinned.

"This is from the prince, isn't it?" He asked, looking up at you. You snatched the letter back.

"Oh, shut up."

"Y/N, you're going to be married into royalty," he said with a smile. "Aren't you at all excited?"

"I was in the middle of my book."

"And prince Namjoon is so nice-- you'll be so well taken care of there." You looked up at him.

"You take care of me well, Tae."

"Not as well as royalty could."

"I don't want that," you mumbled. "And I was already dancing with someone, I thought he was int--"

"Prince, y/n." You sighed. "Do you really not want to marry him?"

"I don't know, Tae," you said honestly. "I'm not excited to." He sat properly, flicking his hair away from his face again.

"You don't have to," he said gently. You shrugged.

"I'm just scared, Tae." he frowned. "I've never been without you before." He laughed.

"You're dying to get away from me." You throw your book at him and he caught it, setting it down. "You'll be fine."

"I'm still scared."

"I know but it won't be so bad." You looked up at him. "You won't have to do anything and who knows-- maybe you can find out what he's really like."

"Huh." You picked at your sheets

"I mean I'm sure you will." You looked back at him. "He seems to be into you." Ge nudged you and wiggled his eyebrows. You took your back.

"We'll see." He kissed your head and stood. "Dinner?"

"I'll get on it." You thanked him. "You work on getting a gown made for that wedding." You looked over at your sewing machine and sighed.

"On it."

---

You'd already been working on a sketch of a dress before the invitation came through, a dress you'd wanted to make for some time.

So it was definitely cool for you to get the opportunity to do so. You'd made the one you'd worn to the ball on the night that you'd met Yoongi, and if he'd had to have seen something in you then, right? So it was probably the dress.