xxxv

"Is she crying?" 

Yoongi looked up as someone walked up to him. "Oh," he mumbled. N/W sighed.

"You two were being a little loud." He looked back at the room.

"Oh."

"Joonie told me what's going on outside," she explained. "I'm going to talk to her-- where are you going?"

"Nowhere."

"Can you watch Tucker?" Yoongi nodded. "He's in the nursery-- Esther's with him; she's supposed to be on a time out but..." N/W smiled as she trailed off.

"I'll go." She nodded.

Yoongi walked past her and towards the nursery as she headed in to see you. You looked up at the knock, hoping it was Yoongi. "Hi," she whispered. Your shoulders dropped a bit.

"Hey."

"Are you okay?" You wiped at your eyes and nodded. "Namjoon told me what happened"

"I didn't do anything," you whispered. She wrapped an arm around you.

"I know you didn't." You sniffled. "You liked him?"

"The duke?" She nodded. "I danced with him at the ball once. I thought maybe it meant he liked me but I didn't really like him-- I was just nervous around him."

"Everyone just has the wrong idea then."

"I was just upset that he didn't remember our dance but I didn't like him-- I don't like him anymore, that's for sure."

"I know." She rubbed your back.

"What are they saying about me?" 

She sighed, looking away. "They're calling you names is all."

"Like what?" She shook her head and wiped away your tears.

"What I don't understand is how they can be this disrespectful to our queen." You wiped at your face.

"They want us dethroned, don't they?" She sighed.

"That won't happen, y/n, don't worry."

"You should've been the queen, n/w." She smiled, shaking her head. "No, really-- you and Namjoo--"

"Yoongi was always to be the king, y/n." You stared at her. "Namjoon isn't king."

"He should be." She gave you a soft smile. "He doesn't-- no one's scared of Namjoon, Joon doesn't have a scar running down his face."

"You don't really think the same as everyone else does, do you?" You sighed. "I think Yoongi's doing a great job as our king."

"I think so too," you whispered. "But no one else seems to think so and it's them he's ruling so shouldn't they have a say?"

"They should but not when they're acting like this." You sighed.

"This is why you should be the queen." She smiled and shook her head. "And the things they're-- they're saying about me-- I bet they aren't things very queen-like."

"But they aren't true," she explained, "are they? It doesn't matter what they say if they aren't true." You stared at the ground. "Is he upset with you?"

"Yoongi?" She nodded. "I'm not really sure."

"So why-- what was the yelling about?" You shrugged.

"He said if I wanted to be with Hoseok, I could go." her eyebrows raised.

"Oh gosh." You shrugged again as you began to cry all over again. "I'm sorry, y/n."

"It's okay," you whispered.