xvii

"He's still asleep, I believe," you said, taking your mug of coffee. You thanked the maid.

"I'll go get him," Namjoon said, starting to stand. You grabbed his arm and shook your head.

"He-- he stayed up late, yesterday." Namjoon and his wife looked at each other. "He's probably really tired."

Actually, you didn't know that. You'd fallen asleep before he'd turned in. You just didn't need your brother-in-law to see your husband sleeping on the couch.

N/W sighed. "I guess I'll have to tell you with the boys then." You picked at your waffles.

"Boys?" Namjoon smiled.

"Sir Jeon and Sir Park." You smiled at their names. "I asked them yesterday to meet me at ten."

"What are you telling us?" N/W smiled and her husband chuckled.

"You'll have to wait, y/n." You pouted. "Bring him by the dining room around ten?" You nodded.

"Do I come too?"

"Bring him means yes, you come too." You smiled and nodded.

"We'll be there."

But Yoongi still hadn't woken by then. He was out, curled up into the crook of the couch with both hands under his ear as he slept on his side. So when it began to near ten, you swallowed and approached him.

"Hey," you called. "Yoongi?" You didn't like using his name. It always felt odd. You'd rather call him your highness than his name.

He didn't respond and you stared at him for a moment, scar and all.

He was so pretty.

"Yoongi?" Your hand shook the slightest as you pressed it to his shoulder, shaking it. "Wake up," you whispered.

"Mm?" You stopped moving as his eyes flickered open, shutting immediately at the morning sunlight pouring into the room. He always woke before you so this was a first.

"Hey," you whispered. He stared at you for a moment, clearly trying to process why you were waking him up and why you were so close. He blinked, breaking eye contact and you quickly stood, smoothing out your dress. "Good morning."

He looked up at the time as he sat, legs falling to the floor. He rubbed his hands over his face before speaking. "Did someone come in?"

His voice sounded even better than usual.

"N-no," you said. He frowned. "I just-- n/w wanted to talk to us and asked-- asked if we could come by the dining room at ten." He looked up at the clock again before standing.

"Wait," he sighed, heading to the bathroom.

You let out a sigh of-- relief? before plopping down onto the couch. That was so scary for absolutely no reason.

You stood eventually and picked up his blanket, folding it and resting it at the foot of your bed. You returned his pillow to his side as well. You paused; his stuff smelled familiar. It was nice.

"Let's go." You turned from the bed and nodded, pointing to the dresser.

"I left your coffee there-- it might be cold by now though." He picked it up and drank it anyway.

He kept a step behind you all the way to the dining room as you walked in silence. When you got there, Jimin was already waiting, playing with his rings.

"Hey," you whispered, stepping next to him. "Morning."

"Morning, y/n," he said with a yawn. You turned to Yoongi who was now stirring his coffee by tilting it around. You looked around.