viii

an// this is beginning to look like my name super stretched out hehe

~

You wrapped up the smaller pie in foil. "Tae?"

"Yeah?"

"Come here for a second?"

"Y/N, I just got home," he whined, coming to you anyway. You pointed at the small pie. "Ooh-"

"Do not eat this." He frowned, reaching for it anyway. You slapped at his hands. He pulled away, gathering his hair in his hands only to let go.

"Why are you torturing me?"

"That's for the Fergusons, okay?" He smiled. "Kaison asked."

"Hm-- and this big one that looks oh so invitin--"

"It's for the princess." He smiled.

"You?"

"Shut up." You picked it up, carefully setting it in your basket. He stared longingly at it and you rolled your eyes. "Yours is cooling on the stove." His eyes lit up as he ran over to see.

"Are you heading there now?" he asked, cutting himself a slice. You nodded, fixing your dress. He looked over at you. "Right now?"

"Yes."

"Are you..." he trailed off, already knowing the answer. "...walking?"

"Yeah." He frowned. "It isn't that far, is it?" He sighed, stuffing his face with pie.

"To the palace-- it's not that far but I think it's still a bit much for you." You frowned. "And it's almost five-- isn't it a little late to go out?"

"Are you gonna come with me?" He frowned and looked back at the rest of the pie he'd set a date with the minute he'd seen it. "I thought so."

"Be careful," he said, reaching over to your mouth with a full fork. You shook your head and he shrugged as if to say suit yourself. You kissed him on the cheek as he sat down to eat. "Be home soon."

"I'll just say congratulations and be back." He nodded.

"See ya, pumpkin."

You left, closing the gate with a small sigh. You'd only ever walked as far as the village. And heading to the palace in a carriage seemed like a short ride, but you knew on your feet it'd be much more exhausting.

But it wasn't as if you could call for a carriage whenever you wanted. Well, you could. You technically could-- a carriage would gladly be sent to you. But that felt weird. Maybe when you were actually a princess. That would make visiting Taehyung a lot easier.

"Woah!" You turned to see Jungkook running to you. "Y/N, what are you doing out this late?" You smiled, gesturing to your basket.

"I have something for Princess N/W." He frowned and looked around, scratching the back of his head. "What's wrong, Kook?"

"Nothing, it's just that I can't let you walk to the palace alone-- that wouldn't be nice at all-- should I go get you a carriage--"

"Jungkook, it's okay we can walk, I'm okay to walk." He frowned and groaned, shoulders dropping entirely. As expected, Jimin was right behind you. "Hi, there."

"Hello, princess to be," he addressed, as he'd taken to calling you. You rolled your eyes as he laughed, glancing at the basket. "Something smells good."

"Pie," you said with a smile. Jungkook looked back up. "I'm heading to the palace-- are you both heading home?"

"I can walk you to the palace," they both said at the same time. They glared at each other.