vi

The wedding was beautiful. You could tell the prince loved his bride very much, just from the way he looked at her.

You could not tell from the way Yoongi looked at you that he loved you because he didn't look at you at all.

You glanced over at him a few times during the ceremony, standing off to the side, hands folded in front of him as he stared at the ground. But he never once looked up in your direction. Not until the end anyway.

Once Namjoon and n/w had walked back down the aisle, hand in hand, you all began to get up, clapping. You adjusted your dress and Jungkook began to clap. "Let's go get coffee!"

You smiled and nodded and headed out of your row, close behind Hoseok. Jimin had already made his way out, having spotted a woman across the room that he was just dying to get to know. Once you'd stepped out, you turned to see Jungkook and j/gf having gone the other way. So for the time being, you were alone with the duke. Once again.

"That was lovely," you said, trying to make conversation. He nodded and chuckled. "How do you know the prince?"

"I'm a good friend of theirs," he said with a nod. "In our younger years, we'd done school together-- Joon and I." So they were close if he was calling the prince by such a nickname.

"Oh, I see." He nodded. "You must be very happy for him then, having seen him grow up and all." Hoseok laughed.

"Yes, for sure-- and you also, I'm su--" He paused. "How do you know the prince, I don't think I caught what you said earlier."

"Oh, no I didn't--"

"Y/N!" J/GF called out to you. "Come try a slice of this cake!" Jungkook gasped and scolded her for using just your first name. She waved him off and you headed towards her, only to notice that a loose thread from your dress had gotten caught in the wood of a bench. You looked down.

"Oh, great," you mumbled. You and your stupid sewing machine. You tugged at the pleats of your dress, trying to yank it free.

"Oh no, it'll rip," Hoseok said quickly. You opened your mouth to protest but he was already down on one knee, trying to undo the loose thread. You quickly tugged on his shoulder.

"Oh my gosh, it's okay, you can get up--"

"I've got it, don't worry," he said, flashing a smile up at you. You shook your head frowning as you watched the man walking towards you stop, staring at the playing with the hem of your dress.

"Hoseok."

The duke looked up and grinned. "Hey, hyung," he said with a smile. "How--" Without a word, Yoongi pulled Hoseok up by the shoulder. "Her dress, hyung--"

Yoongi got down on his knee instead and your eyes widened a little as his fingers untangled the thread, which didn't take very long. He stood up in seconds, standing by you. Your mouth fell dry.

"Be careful," Hoseok said with a smile. "You're lucky it didn't get caught on something stronger-- you could've fallen."

"It's okay," you whispered, falling silent again.

"She should get a new tailor, hm? One that doesn't leave loose threads you could hurt yourself thr--" You flushed crimson as Yoongi spoke.

"She made the dress." Hoseok looked at you.

"You?" he asked. "You made the dress?" You nodded. "Be more careful with those seams of yours then, I wouldn't want you getting hurt."

You glanced back over and Jungkook and j/gf, both of them keeping their distance but watching intently. Yoongi saw you look at them. "Go," he said. You looked up at him.