xxxvii

"I'll get going then, your highness." Namjoon nodded and Jungkook bowed. "She's probably sleeping by now."

"Alright, Kook, I'll see you in a few days then?" Jungkook nodded.

"You can-- you can always let me know if I'm needed earlier, your majesty." Joon chuckled.

"That's quite alright, buddy, you stay home with your wi--" They both turned to see a man running down the hall.

"Who's that--"

"I'll call the guards," the prince said, quickly running off. Naturally, the knight in him had Jungkook running straight for the man, chasing him.

He lost sight of him quickly but knew, of course, that they'd be heading straight for one of the entrances. And it wasn't until they got past the back gates that Jungkook was able to see him again.

And Taehyung, in fact.

Taehyung who'd just heard this news at a bar after coming home from work. Taehyung who'd punched a man for calling you a word all children were raised not to use. Taehyung who'd been sporting multiple bruises from being a part of a bar fight. Taehyung who'd walked from there to the palace, despite being hurt and pretty drunk, just to make sure his sister was okay.

So while he was walking up to the gates and a man ran right past him, of course, suspicion rose within your elder brother. No one just runs out of a palace, bruised and limping.

So he grabbed him, tackling him to the ground.

"Who--"

"Hyung!" Taehyung turned, hands still fisted around the man's shirt. "Hyung-- have you seen-- you've got him!"

Jungkook ran right over and Tae stood, brushing his pants off as Jungkook pulled the man up by the collar. "Who's this?"

"I'm not sure, he was running in the palace," Jungkook explained as the man hung his head. Taehyung looked him over. "It's a good thing you were here-- hey, what are you doing here-- did he hit you?" Jungkook asked, quickly worried as he scanned Taehyung's face. He shook his head.

"No, this was from before-- I'm here to see y/n." Jungkook nodded. "Is she alright?"

"I think so, she's with-- she's with the princess," Kook explained. "Though I'm not sure what he was doing." Taehyung glared.

"Were you trying to hurt y/n?" he asked. The man didnt even bother to respond as Taehyung punched him in the gut. Jungkook shook his head.

"Leave him, hyung, the king will decide what to do with hi--"

"The king is severely injured, Sir Jeon," came the voice of another knight. Jungkook and Taehyung both dropped their jaws.

"He's what?"

"Injured-- there's a nurse tending to him now. The man is to be brought to the prince."

"And y/n?" The knight shrugged.

"The queen is xtremely upset."

Which is exactly what you were.

You began to cry all over again. "What-- what happened?" Your husband groaned as Jin and Hobi lifted him. "What happened to your arm?"

N/W rocked Tucker as she held Esther's hand. Esther had her arms around her aunt's leg, face pressed to her knee. "Shit-- on the floor," Yoongi whispered. You covered your mouth as the men stared at the mess that had been made due to the king's injury.

"Let's go, honey," you heard n/w whisper. You turned to see Esther crying. "Let's go to bed, okay? I'll sing you a song, just like daddy does."

"Yoongles?" she asked. "Yoongles 'kay?"