xxix

an// a long chapter since i was so mean for making you wait hehe hope you like <3 

~

You wanted to trace it with your fingers again.

Of course you couldn't fall asleep after that. It wasn't even a big deal-- husbands and wives kiss all of the time. But that was your first. You hadn't even kissed properly on your wedding day; he'd just brushed his lips against your cheek and you'd done the same.

But now, not only had you kissed once, but three times. The first ending in you pulling away and the other two with him letting go of your hand to touch your hip, just barely, before letting you go.

And you'd both gone to bed in silence after that. The tea was left forgotten.

And now he'd fallen asleep, laying on his back rather than facing away from you and the light from the open curtains let you see him perfectly. He was so pretty. You stared at him for a good amount of time without even realizing it. It was just so different. It was just so him.

You hadn't even realized he'd opened his eyes until he cleared his throat a little. You turned and shut your eyes tight. "I already saw you," he grumbled. He hadn't slept for more than a few hours and his voice was already hoarse.

You didn't say anything until you felt a tap on your shoulder. Letting out a sigh you turned to face him. "Hm?"

"Close the curtains," he whispered. You stared, still on his scar. "Curtains," he repeated. You nodded and stood, going to close the curtains to block the moonlight from coming in. Now you couldn't see him that well.

You slipped back into bed, staring at the ceiling. "Can't sleep?" he asked. You turned to look at him.

"Yeah."

He closed his eyes, letting out a sigh. "Tell me a story." You blinked.

"A story?" you asked. He nodded. "Did I wake you-- I'm sorry, I didn't me--"

"This doesn't sound like a story." With his eyes closed, you were free to stare at him all you wanted. You swallowed.

"When I was six, Taehyung was nine." You paused, closing your eyes briefly. "We were home because our parents went out together."

"Hm."

"He made me, like, grilled cheese or something and we drank much more milk than we were supposed to." You smiled. "I think we also snuck into Mrs. Lanford's garden and stole some strawberries to eat."

"You really like strawberries," he murmured.

"Taehyung does." Your fingers reached up and you let them touch the top of his scar. He didn't even flinch. "That night, they were supposed to come home at ten."

You let your fingers graze over the length of his scar and then all the way up. You did it slowly, to make sure he didn't pull away. But it was almost as if he leaned in.

"My bedtime was nine and Tae's was nine-thirty. But he says that night he let me stay up with him until I fell asleep on his shoulder in the living room." You stared at Yoongi's shoulder, rising up and down and you wondered if he was asleep. You continued anyway. "He waited for as long as he could-- stayed awake, I mean."

"For your parents?" You hummed and he moved his head, slightly closer to you and your hands slipped into his hair.

"When we woke in the morning, they weren't home." Yoongi's eyes opened and you began to pull your hand away. He shifted up, forcing your hand back to his head. This was nice.

"Oh.'' You nodded and sat in silence for a moment.

"We went to our neighbours and they were just as confused as we were. By then I think I was already bawling my eyes out and Taehyung was just on the brink of doing so. Then we stayed with them for a few days-- our neighbours. We eventually went to our place. We didn't live-live there until Taehyung was about fourteen and dropped out of school to go to work."