xxvi

"Are you sure it'll look good?" You nodded, holding the measuring tape straight. "I won't look fat or anything?"

"You're going to look beautiful, j/gf." Jungkook watched, knee bobbing up and down.

"Is this going to be expensive, y/n?" You rolled your eyes. "How expensive will the fabric be?"

"Not a dime for you." Kook stood.

"I have to pay for the dress."

"No, you don't." He frowned. "It'll be Yoongi and I's wedding gift, okay? We won't get you anything else?"

"So we don't have to pay for anything?" You shook your head. "Y/N--"

"End of conversation, Kook." He gave you a thankful smile. "So-- ballgown or not?"

"Yes, please."

"Nothing fitted?" She shook her head. "Tule--"

"Maybe I should go."

"I'm not trying anything on, Jungkook. Stay." He frowned.

"Yeah, but now I'm imagining you in your dress and that's just as bad." You smiled and ruffled his hair before walking past him. You opened up your notebook and began writing in it for the first time. You felt like your husband for a second, scribbling away. "Are you sure you aren't too busy for this?" You shook your head.

"I don't have anything to do, Jungkook." He gave you a smile. "Aren't you supposed to be in at the palace today?" He checked the time.

"In a few hours." He slumped into his couch as you held the measuring tape out behind the bride, letting her decide how long she wanted her train to be. "Park's not even coming today."

"And why do we sound so disappointed?" Jungkook crossed his arms.

"I'm not!" You and j/gf raised your eyebrows at each other. "All he talks about is his stupid girlfriend.

"Hey, she's my friend, babe-- she isn't stupid."

"She is if she's dating him!" You laughed, sitting down on the ground. "He won't even say anything stupid anymore; it's terrible."

"You wanted him to stay single forever?" Jungkook nodded.

"It'd be doing everyone a favour." You smiled and j/gf sighed.

"I don't think she's good for him, if I'm being honest," she admitted, shaking her head. "She's-- let's just say she doesn't have the best reputation." Jungkook frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"You know, babe, like-- she's a little bit like the female version of Jimin." Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"Then they're perfect for each other." You smiled and stood, hands on your hips.

"I think I have everything!" She smiled, taking a seat. "How much bigger do you think you'll be on the big day?" She rubbed her stomach.

"I'm not even sure-- an inch or two?" You nodded.

"I'll make it so I can alter it just before if I need to." She thanked you.

"Y/N?" Jungkook called. You hummed as you showed j/gf your sketches. You'd stuck them all into the notebook Yoongi had given you the night prior. "Isn't it kind of mean of us to be asking the queen to do stuff?" You laughed.

"Jungkook, we're friends!" He sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"I know but, isn't that wrong, still?" You shook your head. "What if you get busy and have, um, I don't know, royal things to do?"