2. We are getting married

MILES

Breakup was something I considered to be heart breaking. I had expected it to be doomed up on me like an apocalypse, snatching everything that I believed was happy. I had wanted it to let me know the pain that it brought along, confident that it would never break me into two. If it had, I would have gone a step ahead to have binge drinking and ignoring all the calls regarding my work.

And with all my worst fears launching at me, I did go through each and every stage of it.

Shelly Morgan, was an actress who sauntered her way into my heart only to crush it under her high heeled shoes. It was at an after party of her debut film which was held in my dad's hotel where we had hooked up and called it a date. In the next week we were officially inseparable.

She was beautiful. Long auburn hair that curled in the ends. A pretty face that could make a dead guy swoon. And a figure that would make any other girl jealous. As soon as I laid my eyes on her, I knew there was an attraction that pulled me towards her. Like a moth, I had slowly crawled to her.

The fire had preciously burned me leaving behind ashes that had flown everywhere in the air. With my tempting feelings for her, in the crazy haze, I had proposed to her, promising myself a happily ever after. After two days of my proposal she had vanished into thin air, not leaving so much as a note that things were over between us.

I was angry. I was sad. I was lonely. I was miserable.

And she was the reason behind it all. I was so wrapped around her little finger that I had hardly noticed anything that was out of place. Like my bank account details for that matter. It had only been a few days that I realized I was low on my own cash when I wanted to buy a drink from a pub.

It had been six months since she had left me and yet I had been hung up on her like a worst hangover. It was all spiraling faster and it was definitely going way out of control. I thought I had my life set in all ways only to be ruined by a woman who never once loved me.

I sat in the Jacuzzi, lying numb. What had I done to deserve this shit in my life? Where did I go wrong? And the tabloids had made a field day out of my miseries.

Miles Jackson was seen heart broken at the pub last Friday. Miles is still hung up on his ex, Shelly Morgan, who has been seen in Madrid doing a pilot series. Shelly Morgan has moved on, but can Miles?

The paparazzi knew no bounds when it came to something that screamed privacy. They made me think about myself twice. Was she worth everything I was dealing with? My lawyers said otherwise. It seemed like she actually was a gold digger. She had swiped up all my cards until recently that I had deactivated it.

"Shit!" I splashed the water in front of me, pretending it to be her.

There were so many memories of her, right in this freaking tub. This was the place where I had proposed her. The memories alone brought more headache than any of the drinks that I had gulped down.

Or perhaps, my initial hangover hadn't drained down. There was only one cure for it. I lifted myself up and poured one of the finest rum into the glasses that was lying next to the Jacuzzi. As long as I was drinking, I didn't have to deal with the hangover of it at all.

I smiled at my genius plan and lifted the glass to my lips. Just as I was about to savour it, the bathroom door clicked itself open.

A sturdy man walked up to me and I had to blink twice to see who the hell had ruined my moment.

"Well, I thought your mother raised you better." Karl Jackson was someone who stood tall with more power than anyone else. He now towered next to my Jacuzzi eyeing me dubiously. "Yet, you prove me wrong every time."