22. I'm all in for the game

MILES

"Relationship?"

"When were you in a relationship with her?" Dylan asked, his mouth wide open looking at you-tube video over and over again.

The media had gone crazy since they had got another spicy news of my life. I thought I had gotten things under control, but things were spiralling faster than I could hold on to. I didn't know if I was going down or if Megan was pulling me down with her.

Her genuine expressions and her smirk at Kimberly during our live interview said that she was doing it only to spite her, but did she know the consequences?

She was shy at the beginning, nervous to even walk properly. When I held her hand, I thought I heard a relieved sigh escape from her lips. But then, how had she gained so much confidence to claim that we were in a relationship?

"At least she made it clear that you weren't the teacher there." Joe said, folding his hands, and re-watching the whole episode again.

We had sat at the hotel where the two of them worked. It was just after the show, and I wanted to run as far as possible to think things through. I decided that I was going to my boys to pour my heart out.

But guess what? They had already watched the video twice and were debating what was best for me. Catching up with them, was not difficult at all. They had all the thesis statements ready with claims and evidence to prove their point.

"Yeah, that's the only plus here." Dylan said. "Did you talk to her about this before?"

That was one of my main concerns. I hadn't talked about it, and she had come up with this idea all on her own. Was this all pre-planned? Some sort of revenge from Shelly?

"No, man." I ran my hands over my hair and pulled it out in frustration. "I wanted to ask her myself, but I thought the fuss was too much for her."

"It seems like she loves them now." Dill said rolling his eyes.

"But if you were going to ask her out after the show, then she is supposed to get used to the pap." Joe said shrugging his shoulders.

I sat on the chair, rubbing my head. "Well, I had switched off the phone to avoid all kind of calls, perhaps she had called me then, I don't know."

"But she seems better than that Shelly." Dylan said, stopping at an image of her on the video. "I would give her a whole damn ten."

I looked at the image that stood motionless on the LCD screen. She was wearing red dress that accentuated the swell on her chest and the jaws on her face. Her red lipstick contrasted her fair skin tone. Her blonde hair was tied up and she looked more than pretty.

Back in our days, when I was one among the cooks at my hotel here with my boys, we rated girls who came to the restaurant. Since it was gaining more popularity, the ones that visited were always an elite batch. The long gowns, satin gleams made our teenage heart pop louder than usual.

Dylan was the first one to bring up the subject of rating the girls. Though Joe was a spoil sport in the beginning, he gave in after a little cheer. That was when we started giving them numbers based on how they looked and how they would be in bed.

No matter how they were, Dylan never gave them a complete ten. It was as if none of them were good enough. Some had a wicked smile, while some wore more makeup, and some didn't say the right name at the right time. Even the great actress Shelly had gotten only an eight from Dill.

But when Dylan said it was a ten for Megan, my eyes popped out.

To be honest, she wasn't the girl that one saw in the Vogue magazine every day, but for a commoner who wasn't used to all the glitz and glam, she seemed like a breath of fresh air that pulled you to her.