9th Madness

***

New.

"What?"

I glared at Gun who was squinting his eyes as he studied me from head to foot.

"Hmmm. Is it just me or you got tanned? Aren't you too particular with your skin?"

"Tss. It's normal if you go to the beach," I replied nonchalantly as I inserted the folders in my organizer. I didn't really wanna tell him about me going to the beach but there was no way on hell that he'd stop interrogating me until he got his answer.

"You went to the beach??? Without telling me?"

"Yaaa, are you my mom?"

"Tss. Who were you with? Answer me!"

"Psh, why are you so curious about?"

"Is it Tay? Did you go with Tay?"

I rolled my eyes as I got up from my seat and headed to the pantry. I definitely needed a cup of coffee.

Aside from the fact that I was sleepy, I needed to drink something as my throat was drying up.

"Silence means yes! Oh my holy molly!"

"Can you stop overreacting?"

"How can't I? You just went beaching with him!"

"We didn't just go beaching, okay? He brought me home to his family. I kinda promised him I'd meet them."

"Holy shit! Are you two together now?"

"Of course not!"

"Then what's with the GTKY episode with the family, huh?? We're you splashed with water or we're you offered money to stay away from Tay? How much is it??"

"Wait, what?? What money?"

"You know, when the mother comes up to you and say, 'How much do you need to stay away from my son?'"

"Oh, goodness! You've watched too many dramas, Gun."

What are we really? Are we even friends?

"Oh, come on. Then don't tell me you just went there because you feel like going there?"

"We're just friends, okay?"

"Psh, trust me, hun. I know a man in love when I see one. And based on how he looks at you, I know he's smitten. And you know what. I noticed something. He actually kinda looks like that guy in Ali—"

"Good morning!"

"Oh, holy crap!"

Gun and I said in unison as Tay entered the pantry. On his face was a wide grin as he sauntered towards me.

"Can you not scare the hell out of us?" I hissed at him but he just smiled even wider as he handed me a gold envelope.

"My mom asked me to give you this."