24th Madness

***

Tay.

"Hey. Where the hell are you? Namtan is looking for you."

"Just tell her I'm with my boyfriend," I glanced at New who was resting his head on my lap while watching a movie.

"Wait. You mean to say? You and New...?"

"Yep. So just tell I won't be with her during her vacation here because I'm gonna spend all my time with my boyfriend. I have to go. Bye."

"Wa—"

I quickly ended the call and turned my phone off as I was sure that Namtan would bombard me with calls and messages.

"Tss. Who's your boyfriend?" New sneered.

"Hmm. Do I have one?"

"Tss. Okay, fine. Then you don't!" he snapped as he sat up and attempted to stand but I quickly grabbed his hand and made him sit on my lap.

"Hmm. Do you wanna know my boyfriend? He's a jealous type, but he doesn't admit it."

"Hey! I said I wasn't jealous!"

"What if I'm jealous? What are you gonna do? What the hell are you gonna do?" I giggled as I mimicked what he said earlier making him slap me on the shoulder.

"Tss. You pissed me off! You're so annoying."

I just didn't argue anymore as I was sure that there were no chances of me winning. He always got the upper hand and I'm not complaining.

"So are you my boyfriend really now?" I asked as I made him face me before I placed my chin on his shoulder blades.

"Tss. You haven't even courted me for a day and now you're asking me? Do you think I'm that easy??"

"Hmm. You're still gonna end up being my boyfriend anyway so what's the use of me courting you? We're just gonna waste our time."

"Wow. Quite confident, aren't we? How sure are you that I'm gonna say yes? Tss. And who knows if you already have a girlfriend."

"I told you, Namtan is just a friend."

"But she likes you."

"But I like you."

He didn't say a thing but I noticed him biting his lips tightly.

Wait. Is he stopping himself from smiling?

"Hey, there's nothing to be jealous about Namtan, okay? Off and I are just childhood friends with her. She once told me she likes me but I immediately rejected her because of you."

"So it's my fault now?"

"What I mean to say is, I couldn't even have the time to fall in love with someone else because I can't get you out of my mind."

"Well, I'm quite irresistible and charming. I totally understand why you've fallen in love with me."

"Psh. No wonder you're friends with Gun. You're both self serving."