27th Madness

***

New.

"When did you prepare all these?" I asked as we settled on the mattress he placed on the floor.

I laid my head on his lap. The stars and moon illuminating the dark sky were as bright as ever as the two of us were left in a world only we know, a world where I never knew I wanted to be in. And right now, I don't think I'll ever want to leave.

"I actually asked Aniston for help. Remember the time you were so jealous over the couple set. I asked her a favor."

"And that is?"

"I asked her some ideas on how to ask someone out."

"Psh, why her of all people?"

"You've been workmates for too long. And besides, if I asked Gun, I'm pretty sure he'd slip and eventually tell you everything. "

I chuckled at the accuracy of his comment.

"Psh, so she suggested this? Good thing she didn't try to sabotage you by giving horrendous ideas."

"Nah, not really. She actually suggested to surprise you at work but I thought that would make you feel awkward. So she told me to make it a bit grand but at the same time sincere."

"Psh. I gotta give her credits for that but I still didn't like the idea of you eating a couple set together."

He let out heartfelt laugh that I almost thought he actually liked the idea.

"Yah! I'm being serious here."

"Don't get mad, okay. We actually did that to make you jealous."

I immediately sat up and pushed him causing him to tumble down a bit on the soft foam.

"I hate you! Did you know how mad I was every time I saw anything in pairs?!"

"Hey, at least it was effective. I was trying to check if I had chances in you."

"Effective my ass. Just dare eat it again with anyone else and I'll shred your tongue. No, let me rephrase that, you're not allowed to eat with anyone else without me."

"Ooooh, scary."

I rolled my eyes at him as I laid my head back on his lap, my arms crossed as I let him adjust the thick blanket that was making us warm.

You know what's sad?
It's the way my heart beats
Whenever I see you  loud, erratic, enigmatic.

But you can't hear it.
Because you're already listening
To someone else's.

"Okay, what was that for?" I curiously glanced at him.

"It's a part of the letter I once wrote for you way back then."

"Woah, you actually remember it?"

"Of course. I remember every letter I wrote for you, New. I even inserted a poem in your locker during Valentine's day but it unfortunately didn't reach you."

"Hey, speaking of letters, I thought it was you who blocked Earth's letters for me, not the other way around."

"Well, we actually blocked each other's letters to be exact. We were very close friends back then. I asked him to give you my letters since I couldn't find the courage to talk to you. It was then that I discovered that he was actually keeping my letters instead because he apparently likes you, too. So when I found that he was making a move on you and was planning to send you his letters instead, I just did what I had to do. I did everything I could to stop him from confessing to you."