50th Madness

***

Tay.

"What the fuck, Tay?! Can you stop walking around?? You're making me dizzy. I just came back from the hospital. Do you want to send me back there?"

My head was spinning not because I was walking around the room for several minutes but because of the thought of New being with Kayavine. The moment I heard Kay's voice over the phone earlier I couldn't help but feel agitated.

New didn't go to work this morning so I assumed that he just wanted to take a day off but when he didn't answer no matter how hard I knocked on his unit, I got alarmed. And what even made it worse was his phone being unreachable. So even though Gun was almost killing me with the looks he was giving me when I came to their unit, I swallowed my pride and asked for his help.

"Tss. Serves you right. If I were New, I wouldn't see you anymore."

"Hey, you're not helping!"

"Of course! I'm not the stupid one who blamed New."

"It's because you kept on mentioning his name when I saw you lying on the floor. I thought you got into some argument or something. Rafael's gonna hate me for life if something happens to the child and you know I can't let that happen. I owe him my father's life."

"Tss. See? So you got New hating you for life instead. I told you, I slipped because I ran after him. I have  to give hi—"

"You know what, you should really avoid him, okay? Don't show your face to him considering how stubborn and war freak you are."

"What the fuck, Tay? If there's anyone who's hurting him right now, it's you."

"Ugh! I know, okay. I know. And I feel so stupid for what I've done."

"Tss. At least, you know."

"Anyway, I'll have one of my personnel stay with you for days."

"Hey, are you leaving me here? I'm pregnant."

"Tss. You even flew here on your own. You can obviously take care of yourself," I grumbled before dropping myself on the sofa, exhausted with the thought of New spending a night with Kay.

"Psh. I'm gonna tell New you're such a bully."

"And I'm gonna tell your child that his mom is a paranoid."

"You freak!"

"Likewise, dear. Anyway, I'm leaving tomorrow."

"Where are you going?"

"I'm getting New back."

"Oh, are you? Why? Do you think he'll come with you right after what you've done?"

"Tss. I thought you're gonna help me."

"I am! Okay? I'm just looking for the best chance to give him your di—. I mean to apologize."

"Ugh! I don't know what to do anymore!" I exclaimed as I grabbed my hair out of frustration.

"Then why didn't you tell him everything? He deserves to know."