29th Madness

It's past midnight where I am and I can't sleep, like I caaaan't so here's an update. I can't use the dedication feature (yeah, I just found out about it just recently 🥴) because I'm using the app right now but this chapter is dedicated to raheel_rael.

Stay safe, cuties. 💙💕

***

New.

I surprisingly found myself in the middle of a busy household with the helpers bringing whatever as they rushed in and out of the house.

Tay's mom was giving the instructions as to where to put the balloons and flowers while occasionally reprimanding Nannon for popping some of them.

"What's happening? Is it someone's birthday?" I unconsciously muttered not even realizing that Tay was watching me the entire time.

I caught a glance of Namtan who was sitting like a princess on one corner while sipping wine.

I didn't really intend to talk back to her earlier as I didn't wanna create any problem but she was already getting on my nerves especially when she pointed out her so-called advantage for being friends with Tay for how many years.

I mean, as if I care.

"My mom's organizing a dinner party to congratulate us."

That made me snap my head towards him.

"Come again?"

"She wants to congratulate us by having a simple dinner party tonight," he repeated.

"Is this the surprise you're talking about earlier?"

"Nah, this is all my mom's plans. I got surprised as well."

"And you call this simple?" I asked as I gestured the current set-up in the garden area.

They even went as far as setting up a makeshift podium in the middle of the garden. Several tables clad in golden cloths were arranged around the podium. Some men were placing fairy lights all over the place and some were bringing large flower vases.

"Are you sure they're not trying to get us married tonight?" I asked Tay as I watched several househelps place the flowers in the large vases. 

"Why? Do you want to? I can organize us one."

"Are you crazy? I mean, if this is your idea of simple, what is grand then to you?"

"Oh, come on, babe. Just let my mom be, okay. She's just so happy for the both of us."

He then snaked his arms around my waist and hugged me from behind.

"Tss. But I don't think I'll be able to survive the party tonight."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Your best friend has been glaring at me ever since I set foot inside your house."

"Just don't mind her."

"Did anything happen to you in the past? I mean, I don't wanna intrude or anything but you said something about her ruining your friendship."