70th Madness

***

New.

I consciously adjusted the sleeves of my shirt as I went over the list of things that were needed at the wedding.

Fortunately, everything went well. Despite the fact that we had to rush few of the needed things, still we were able to achieve what was planned for the wedding.

The rest of the team were doing final touches to the setup while the bride and the groom were preparing in their respective rooms.

I smiled to myself as I looked at the setup in front of me. Everything was just perfect and I couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Just like what I initially wanted for myself, the couple decided to go with a beach wedding. Different colors of various flowers lined up the aisle, leading to the ceremonial arch in the middle of the setup as I wanted the couple to be in the center of everyone. The blue and pink drapes on the white Chiavari chairs danced freely in the ocean breeze while the sun was preparing to set in the background.

 A sunset wedding, just like what I told him.

I bit my lips as I stood underneath the arch by the entrance and I couldn't help but be excited as well with the thought of walking towards Tay on our wedding day.

One message received:

Tay
Love, how is it going there?

New
Everything is already set, love.
Are you done there?

Tay
I don't think I'll be able to attend the wedding, love.\I still have to finish some reports. Just tell them I wish them well on their marriage.

New
Okay, I will.

I checked my watch for the time--thirty minutes before the sunset.

"New!"

I quickly approached Annie who was running towards me.

"Annie, where are the rest of the guests? The wedding is about to start."

"We have a problem."

I furrowed my brows as I knew that we had everything ready. Even the bride and groom were already in their respective rooms just waiting for the ceremony to start.

"The bride is getting too nervous."

"Geez that's normal."

"Can you go check on her? We already tried consoling her but she wouldn't stop crying."

I simply nodded at her and headed towards the bride's room.

I found her sitting alone while clutching her chest.

"Hey, you look gorgeous," I genuinely complimented her. It didn't look like she just cried though.

"I'm nervous."

"That's normal. You'll be fine later, okay?"